Marlin 917V Problem

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Marlin 917V Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 06:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Marlin 917V Problem

I am in need of some help. I just bought a new Marlin 917V .17HMR. It came with 2 clips. It loaded fine the first 30 or so rounds but now the clip, when snaped in place, hits the rim of the bullet in the chamber. This causes the fired cartridge not to eject when I pull the bolt back. I am having to drop the clip out everytime to extract the round, then push it back in place to load the next round. It does this with both clips, and they both fit very loosely. Is this a common problem with this gun? Any advise? I hate to take it back since I have already mounted and sighted in a scope.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-13-2008, 05:43 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Marlin 917V

Hi Cam....I have been looking for info on HRM 17 cal rifles and noticed your post....Seems the MArlin 17 cal is known for its sloppy magazines...The rifle otherwise seems to be a good set up. I was hoping someone ( incl. Marlin ) has addressed the magazine issue and brought out some kind of fix, so I too will be interested in any other responses regrding this rifle....If you need addtional info try the Chuck Hawks page.

Good Luck !

Parky