Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Marlin 88-22 ammo tube (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/marlin-88-22-ammo-tube-57601/)

wkbdgeorge 02-13-2012 01:21 AM

Marlin 88-22 ammo tube

Does anybody have any of these to sell? I need the tube, the knob end, and the internal spring. Thanks!

c3shooter 02-13-2012 01:37 AM

That is going to be a toughy. Loads thru the buttplate, right? My usual souce, Numrich- is sold out of those. They do have an exploded drawing showing what the cap looks like- gunpartscorp.com. Good luck with this one- you may wind up buying tube, spring, follower, etc, and making one.

wkbdgeorge 02-17-2012 03:12 AM

Ok, I think I've figured this one out. I also saw that Numrich had some of the parts and was out of some of the others. Just by chance I was going through the couple pages of parts that they have for this gun and found something interesting at the end. Each of their items have a marlin number associated with it. There is an ammo tube assembly that they sell that doesnt have a marlin number. I called them up and it sounds like its exactly what I'm looking for. So it has the tube, the knob, the follower and the follower sping. I ordered it today. When I get it and have it in hand I'll report back and let you guys know if this is the way to go.

wkbdgeorge 02-20-2012 03:49 AM

Btw, do you know what the specs are on the 2 screws that screw the into the butt plate?

sharpshooter1997 02-20-2012 04:18 PM

Check out midway usa

wkbdgeorge 02-25-2012 05:10 AM

ugh, sorry to keep buggin you guys. So I gave the gun a good cleaning. I'm fairly certain everything has gone back together correctly, except, the trigger is not working like it should. Its too tight and wont fire. Before I go in to any more detail, does this ring a bell to anyone?

big shrek 02-25-2012 10:23 PM

Check your stock/action screws...as in, lighten up 1/4 turn each until it functions properly.
Overtightening can be as bad as undertightening...
Or one could be tighter than the other, and misaligning the action inside the stock...causing your issue.

Use a spent round/dud round/plastic wall anchor/snap cap/etc so you don't jack up the FP when dry firing it.

wkbdgeorge 02-27-2012 06:42 PM

Ok, So I have some closure on a couple of these topics.

The ammo tube..... That 25$ ish ammo tube assembly from Numrich is good! The only thing I needed to do was touch up the pin on the tube, and the notch on the butt plate with a small file and they fit together. Otherwise.... that was the way to go!

The problem with not firing..... the problem was that the trigger assembly was binding on itself. The binding was not allowing the trigger to reset all the way so the barrel part was basically always in fire mode. Once I exercised the trigger and put the barrel back in with the trigger all the way forward, everything turned out nicely. Basically, I noticed that either the barrel's rear end needed to sit up higher, or the trigger bar needed to be lower in rest position. After realizing that, thats when I got on the right path.

There is another problem im facing, but I will do some searching first and if I cant find anything on it, Ill start another thread.

Thanks for the help guys.