Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Marlin 795 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/marlin-795-a-34327/)

razorbaq 11-13-2010 06:29 AM

Marlin 795

I have researched and found out that my Marlin 795 is about worthless when looking for Hi cap magazines. The remington 597 on the other hand has many clear banana clips available. Has anyone tried modifying a 597 clip to fit a marlin 795? Is this even possible? I have bought a ati fiberforce stock for it and the thing looks like crap with that little nickle mag sticking out of that good looking rifle. Any ideas anyone?

russ 11-13-2010 08:51 AM

None. I've searched as well with no results.

big shrek 11-14-2010 04:30 PM

I've emailed probably half the aftermarket Magazine MFR's asking if they are going to do a Marlin hi-cap.

Most of them don't know that there are well over 3 million 795's out there.
And the current mags fit the old Model 70 Marlins (pre-Clinton Gun-ban) as well.
And those current mags also fit the Model 70-P papoose.

And let me toss this in...the current 795 mags also fit the 70HC, 995, 989, 989M-2, Katz 1282, Coast to Coast 42, Coast to Coast 70, Coast to Coast 700, Cotter & Company 701, Western Field 45, & a few others I've not listed here...

So, why doesn't some intelligent Magazine Manufacturer make Marlin hicaps??
Because they're all IDIOTS, that's why.
0ver 10 million Marlin 795's & variants out there and NOBODY has the balls to make a hi-cap for 'em.
Evidently none of them like money?

If everyone who owned one emailed a Mag Mfr...maybe it'll pick up.

big shrek 11-14-2010 04:34 PM

Oh, and you will spot National Magazine 15-round mags for Marlins out there.
They are UTTERLY WORTHLESS...they do not fit.

Many, Many threads on those over at RFC & other sites.
Nobody has anything good to say about them.

razorbaq 02-09-2011 06:35 AM

Well I finally ordered a 597 30 round magazine. It has yet to arrive so I have not checked out the deminsions. My plan as I stated on another forum earlier is to tack together the top of a marlin 795 magazine to the bottom of a 597 remington 30 round clip. I could not find a 30 round metal clip so I some how have to put together the top of a nickel marlin mag to the bottom of a plastic 597 mag, Anyone have any Ideas on how to fuse these two together? Im hoping I can modify the 597 mag by itself to fit maybe do some shaving on it seeing how it is plastic.

aandabooks 02-10-2011 02:18 AM

Shooters Ridge - 25-Round Magazine for Marlin .22 Rifles

It's on their website. Haven't seen where anyone on any of the forums I frequent has actually reported having bought one. There is hope.

russ 02-10-2011 04:21 AM

Cool! Gonna have to try one of those out.

azlester 02-11-2011 02:26 PM

The Shooters Ridge 25 round mag isn't going to be in stores until May per an email I got from them yesterday. But I think it will be worth the wait.

razorbaq 02-20-2011 06:58 AM

Well I modified the 30 round 597 magazine to fit in my 795 as you can see in my avatar pic. Makes it look bad ass, Doesn't fit perfect so therefor does not feed or cycle rounds properly.
Well lets start on what I did then talk about what I'm gonna do to try and make this work right. First I took the 597 magazine which is quite a bit thicker than the mag slot will allow for the marlin. So using a caliper and hand file I very timely filed and measured until the dimensions were nearly similar, I took a soldering Iron and melted out the groove line that marlins take down the side of there magazines. This actually looked pretty good besides the fact I wasn't left with much material to make it stable.
The feed system is just to different for rounds to feed into my marlin properly and there is not enough meat there to file any more so its not an exact fit. I have come to the conclusion that this is not gonna work, So my original Idea of joining together the bottom of the 597 magazine to the top of the 795 magazine is the next route I'm traveling.
I have a nice Idea on how this is gonna happen and I will update everyone when I am done.