marlin .22 question
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

marlin .22 question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1254 Times on 813 Posts
Likes Given: 792

Default marlin .22 question

soi know i want a marlin sixty. ive been eying this one in the local GS this last week. howevermy only dislike is that with the synthetic stock it is very unbalanced. front heavy. but minus the heavy. i was looking for what you think. is it possible i could put a weight in the stock to help even it out?

marlin.jpg  
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #2

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
soi know i want a marlin sixty. ive been eying this one in the local GS this last week. howevermy only dislike is that with the synthetic stock it is very unbalanced. front heavy. but minus the heavy. i was looking for what you think. is it possible i could put a weight in the stock to help even it out?
Adding weight in the stock is no problem but I think you'll find it wont "shoulder" as well-

Old 12-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

A lot of rimfire owners add weight to the 60 and 795 synthetic stocks to help balance them out a bit. They do the same with the bolt-action/synthetic Marlins as well. I've never had a problem shouldering one rifle over another whether it was a wood or synthetic stock, you'll adapt to the new balance point rather quickly. It would be no different than swapping the synthetic stock for wood, balance point will change and you'll get accustomed to it soon.

You can check the forum linked below for a lot of Marlin information, it probably the best Rimfire site on the web and several members have posts/threads on adding weight to the synthetic stocks.

Marlin Semiautomatic - RimfireCentral.com Forums