Make .22 shoot better
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Make .22 shoot better

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2007, 04:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Make .22 shoot better

I have a .22 and I want it to shoot better but I have very little money. If you could do one thing to a .22 to make it shoot better what would you do?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-16-2007, 06:51 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Now that's a 'loaded' question. There's probably several things one can do. Recrown if it's nicked,get a scope,try different types of ammo and practice,practice,practice. I guess it could depend on what kind of .22,rifle pistol? How much do you want to invest$

Old 08-16-2007, 10:52 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yep, good place to start.. what .22 is it?

-Bidah

Old 08-26-2007, 06:27 PM   #4

I find most .22's have a crap trigger when there new, you should look at getting some work done to make the trigger lighter, that'll improve the rifle ( Assuming it is a rifle ).

What weapon are you talking about ?

Steve

Old 09-21-2007, 04:24 PM   #5

Liked 100 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 38

The one thing I would do to rifle is trigger. If I could only make 1 change overall I would choose match ammo that the rifle liked after testing ALL the different brands available.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:10 AM   #6

I would agree with spending your money on the trigger. Then try different ammo, but most importantly practice, practice, pratice.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:43 AM   #7

Default better shooting 22 cal

A 22 cal is a very picky creature 9 times out of 10 your problem with 22 accuracy is what you are feeding it, as with any fire arm, you have to find out what kind of ammo it likes to eat, you can take two of the same guns right off the perduction line and they will shoot diferantly, I have found that CCI workes best I all my guns as a go to round, but each gun will shoot differant brands of ammo with differant results in accuracy, another thing that comes into play is bullet weight just to confuse you a little more, So what I would suggest is clean your guns bore. go to the store and buy differant brands of ammo Remington,winchester,CCI,Federal, buy two small 50 round packs one in 32 grain and one in 40 grain of each brand, now when you sight in your gun and your printing on paper, do not mess with sights at all, pick one place to aim on your target and shoot four 3 shot groups, it dose not matter where you are hitting what we are looking for is a paturn and with each brand shoot one target with each bullet weight, it is inportant that you dont move or try to ajust your sights during this exersize, when you are done you should have two targets, in two bullet weights, for each brand of ammo you used, compare the heavy bullets with each other and the same for the lighter bullets, pick the target with the best smallest group in each weight class and that is the ammo your gun prefers, now take the ammo that printed the best in the heaver bullet and fine tune your rifle to that ammo.
I would sight in at 25 yards, You can do as you see fit you get the general Idea. Hope this helps.