Mags
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Mags

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 06:22 AM   #1
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Default Mags

Just need to vent. I know there's a shortage.

So decided to go to Project Appleseed this coming weekend with my son. The M&P 15/22 we have is too heavy for him, so bought a Marlin 795. He did pretty well with the stock sights and have new sights ordered for tomorrow to install.

Can't locate Marlin mags anywhere other than ebay. Searched all weekend. Took it where the sun don't shine and picked up two from there, as you need a minimum of two for Appleseed. Fine - we'll get use out of them, but I won't ever be able to look at them other like a cheap whore.

So I have two 25 rnd mags for the M&P, but Appleseed recommends the 10 rnd for the testing on day 2, as well as just easier to work in prone. Nothing other than ebay - $$$$$ 50 EACH!! For 10 rnd mags!!! No thank you ***kers! I'll get by just fine with the 25's.

Guess I'm just ticked because this is something for my kid more than me. We will be set regardless and have a good time. But this is .22lr - not AR mags - nobody's overthrowing the government with a .22lr. I thought the ammo pimps were bad...

End rant.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #2

Liked 230 Times on 152 Posts

Yea it sucks. I have a 795 also they are good little plinkers.
Bass Pro had some for $20.00 but that was a few weeks ago. Good Luck.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I was actually wondering about this too.
Prices aside, it is quite weird how hard it may be to find a magazine for a firearm unless it is extremely popular.
I realize designing an issue free magazine is no trivial task but once they have done it right what stops them from mass producing it?
Looking for mags for a 597. Here every online shop, if they do have the mag, has the darned fun-killer 'out of stock' sign -.-
(glad my gun came with 2 mags)

Old 05-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3055 Times on 1770 Posts
Likes Given: 1898

KJG - What type of sights are you looking to add to the 795? I've got one and might want to upgrade mine.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:38 AM   #5
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
KJG - What type of sights are you looking to add to the 795? I've got one and might want to upgrade mine.
Project Appleseed recommends these - look for the Marlin Sights link on the left side.
http://www.tech-sights.com/

They've received rave reviews from regular people as well as Nutnfancy. I installed them very easily Monday night, but unfortunately won't be able to get them zero'd in until Friday when I have time to go the range. I played with them a little and the elevation dial is a bitch to move - they recommend a golf tee to turn it - but again, they have received rave reviews and having sighted it at home I understand why. Well worth the money.

Go to the 19:20 mark for the sight review.
http://youtu.be/GzUb2_sWorE?t=19m57s

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Last edited by KJG67; 05-08-2013 at 02:41 AM.