Magazine that looks like 30 round, but holds 10?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Magazine that looks like 30 round, but holds 10?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Magazine that looks like 30 round, but holds 10?

Let me start off by saying that I live in New Jersey, so this is where my question is coming from.
I recently purchased a Mossberg 715t .22LR (Jersey legal) and I have been searching and wondering if someone makes a magazine that looks like it holds 30 rounds but only holds 10 so that it is Jersey legal? I am after the "visual" affect. I would like it to still look like an AR and have the longer mag in it rather than the short little mag. Please let me know if there is anything like this out there! Thank you all in advance.
-Eric

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-07-2014, 02:56 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 565 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Good question. Unfortunately for you, the only magazines that I have found that fit your description are actual 30 round magazines that have been permanently modified to hold no more than 10 rounds. However, your state laws would probably still consider these magazines "high-capacity" regardless of their actual capacity. The other danger is that others at your local gun range might think you are in possession of a now illegal magazine and report you to the authorities. Good luck

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 07-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #3
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7802 Times on 4229 Posts
Likes Given: 16514

Cut the top off an AR-10 magazine. Remove the spring and floor plate. Glue it to the magazine well.

No offense and none taken

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 07-07-2014, 03:37 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies ! I am still in search of one and wonder if it is even legal.... Hopefully it'll work out !

Old 07-07-2014, 09:59 PM   #5

Liked 1654 Times on 986 Posts
Likes Given: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebro View Post
Thanks for the replies ! I am still in search of one and wonder if it is even legal.... Hopefully it'll work out !
It sounds as if you are intent on potentially heaping troubles upon yourself for looks. Do you think that is wise?

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 07-07-2014, 11:28 PM   #6
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6955 Times on 3500 Posts
Likes Given: 7566

Lets face it, they are scared more about how it looks than what it is! You might better spend your time at trying to remove foolish restrictions in your state and mine, NY. If it looks like a 30 round mag, your gonna get a response from LE like it is one even if it only holds ten, probably not a good idea. It probably should be no less legal than a duck plug in your tube fed shotgun but my guess is it isnt the same in Bob the Feds.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:41 PM   #7

Liked 547 Times on 370 Posts

I don't know if they have it for that particular gun but I know hartatac.com sell to us Californians that they put a rivet in that will only limit said mag to a 10 rounder. If they don't show up online I suggest emailing them a question see if they will do it

Old 07-08-2014, 12:00 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 589 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Default Buy a 100 round drum

That way its not an illegal magazine...LOL..Just kidding. I feel bad for your plight. Have no clue where they came up with the 10 round crap. Like that will really slow down a bad guy...worse...if someone is planning to do a crime or a mass shooting, are they going to worry if their magazine is legal or not ? Don't think so...

"All war must be just the killing of strangers against whom you feel no personal animosity; strangers whom, in other circumstances, you would help if you found them in trouble, and who would help you if you needed it" — Mark Twain

Old 07-08-2014, 12:09 AM   #9
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6955 Times on 3500 Posts
Likes Given: 7566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant_one View Post
That way its not an illegal magazine...LOL..Just kidding. I feel bad for your plight. Have no clue where they came up with the 10 round crap. Like that will really slow down a bad guy...worse...if someone is planning to do a crime or a mass shooting, are they going to worry if their magazine is legal or not ? Don't think so...
its even worse than that, a 10 round mag that you can only put 7 bullets in! How ridiculous can you get. That was better than Andys first idea, "ban ever mag that holds more than 7 rounds", then someone told him they didnt make a 7 round mag for most sporty rifles!

Andy's stated reason for 7 rounds was because no hunter needed more than 7 rounds to kill a deer! Damn, I never read that part about deer in that 2A thing. Well, Andy is right, a good hunter doesnt need more than 7 rounds to kill a deer, most of the deer hunter I know do 1 to 2 shots regularly. I guess im glad they didnt tell him descent hunters dont really use 7 bullets at one time otherwise we would have a 2 shot limit just like our bars!

Old 07-08-2014, 12:42 AM   #10
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Magazine that looks like 30 round, but holds 10?

Mossberg makes a 10 rounder that looks full size for the 715P.. See if it will fit, or call their tech support.

Edit: and now that I'm out if NY over two years...SCREW ANDY!!!!!
Sent from my iPhone using CC Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 07-08-2014 at 01:50 AM.