Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > M12

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 619 Times on 330 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Default M12

Anyone ever shot one? Any info you can offer on accuracy or just general history of the firearm would be cool.
I found one today and picked it up because its something different that I don't have.

Name:  image-1764518266.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  29.8 KB

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-04-2012, 01:22 AM   #2

Liked 7549 Times on 3285 Posts
Likes Given: 1119

I take it you have an H&R M12?

Winchester had been supplying the US military with their Model 52. Used as a trainer rifle.
Winchester had the contract to supply "replacements" for .22 training rifles without competitive bid.
The Army wanted to order more Win 52D/E models to replace rifles that were worn out.
Winchester said "no.. not interested... at all."... Gave up the contract.

Then the Army was forced to open it up for bid.
H&R "cloned" the Win 52 with their M5200, and so the H&R M12 was born.

Stocks are as ugly as a salt treated fence post. Extremely good rifles. May need some trigger tune up, but can run with $2500 rifles. Not a lot of them made.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #3

Liked 619 Times on 330 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Cool. Thank you. I've heard that they are said to be super accurate but that's about all I've heard about them. Sound like it may have been $200 well spent.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington