M&p15-22

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > M&p15-22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2014, 10:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

Default M&p15-22

Besides the typical magpul and other furniture, what else can you do to .22 AR's?

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-17-2014, 11:06 AM   #2
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Wow I don't even know where to Start,...triggers, optics, iron sights, lights, Extended Mags,..Foregrips of all types,...improved barrels,..pretty much just about every thing you'd do with any Centerfire AR,...I have even seen exchangeable knobs for a scope based on 3 bullet weights,..(BSA Sweet 22)...The S&W MP-15/22 is about the best Dedicated example of a Rimfire AR,..with the Mossberg somewhat behind, but only because of the "Blockiness" of the rear portion of the stock. A good alternative for folks with more then one AR already is to get a Complete 22LR Upper like the CCMG,..

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 07-17-2014, 06:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Wow I don't even know where to Start,...triggers, optics, iron sights, lights, Extended Mags,..Foregrips of all types,...improved barrels,..pretty much just about every thing you'd do with any Centerfire AR,...I have even seen exchangeable knobs for a scope based on 3 bullet weights,..(BSA Sweet 22)...The S&W MP-15/22 is about the best Dedicated example of a Rimfire AR,..with the Mossberg somewhat behind, but only because of the "Blockiness" of the rear portion of the stock. A good alternative for folks with more then one AR already is to get a Complete 22LR Upper like the CCMG,..

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1405619179.479272.jpg
I know about the basic stuff: flips ups, iron sights, grips, optics and that **** like I said "basic furniture". I already have most of the basics. I'm just having fun with this till I finish my big boy build (the built spikes lower receiver under the .22)

Old 07-17-2014, 08:35 PM   #4

Liked 1070 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbcruz12 View Post
Besides the typical magpul and other furniture, what else can you do to .22 AR's? ...
Well you can start with the Colt/Walther M4-22! It's a great option instead of S&W or Mossberg as it looks and feels much more like the real thing. I'm not knocking the S&W, internally it's more like an AR, at least the FCG (which means upgraded triggers are an option.)

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:45 PM   #5

Well I already have the S&W. I wanted to put a spikes zombie lower on it but I don't see that as being possible

Old 07-17-2014, 09:19 PM   #6

Liked 1070 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 1075

Sorry, the S&W upper and other dedicated uppers won't work on a real AR lower. But as has been mentioned there are .22lr uppers designed to pin on a true AR lower. Of course they cost as much as the S&W M&P15-22

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Last edited by Quentin; 07-17-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:28 AM   #7

Yeah I tried putting my .22 upper on my Spikes lower. Didn't work. But I'm not gonna get a dedicated .22 upper just for it. That's why I got the M&P15-22 to begin with

Old 07-18-2014, 01:50 AM   #8

Liked 109 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 12

http://www.tacticool22.com/shop/

Has quite a bit of stuff for the S&W M&P 15-22

"The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."
Thucydides circa 460 bc - c. 400 bc

Old 07-18-2014, 03:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by oO_Rogue_Oo View Post
http://www.tacticool22.com/shop/

Has quite a bit of stuff for the S&W M&P 15-22

Where, I'm not seeing too much.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:07 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 338 Times on 199 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I put a CMC single stage 3.5 lb trigger in mine and it like a whole other rifle.