M&p addons
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

M&p addons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Default M&p addons

Well I have taken the plunge into long guns. First rifle purchased. Now I have to personalize it. S&W M&P15-22. I am waiting on two 35 round mags, magpul mbus sights, magpul pts angled foregrip, and larue handguard clips. I do want a scope/red dot/holo, which ever one is best for the money. Going to be a while because I just spent some cash on the other parts and have to make up for it. But anyone have any suggestions on optics. I want to be able to shoot a pretty long distance with it. And what is it the hinge that allows you to move the scope of to the side and back on top by swinging it. That looked cool. Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2922 Times on 1720 Posts

You planning on switching the stuff over to an AR in the future? Max effective range for a .22 is in the area of 150 yards. A cheap 4x scope should be plenty. Congrats on the gun definitely a fun .22

Old 07-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 216 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Eotech and aimpoint are great and somewhat pricey. I know that there are a few options that are specific for .22 and a bit lower in price so look out for those as well.

I suggest that you use the time you're gearing up for that purchase to get proficient with your iron sights. They're there for a reason so you might as well be able to use them well because they work quite well.

As I'm in that same place as you (recovering from my initial rifle purchase) I'm curious to see the responses as I know most will be useful.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 07-30-2012, 01:53 AM   #4

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

I hear ya. That's why I bought the MBus sights. So I can put a scope or red dot on and still use the iron sights. I love this gun. Once I'm out of cook county and in will I am building an AR15.

Newest Threads