M&P 15-22 for rabbit hunting. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > M&P 15-22 for rabbit hunting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 05:12 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I can say that I have shot rabbits with both my Ruger 10/22 using 4 x 10 scope and Remington 1100 auto 30" f/c using #9 shot.

Have to admit the shotgun works better when the rabbit is on the run, but the still shots are perfect when the bunny is just sitting there with its nose up in the air.

That's the shooting side of it all, but how are you at dressing these little guys out? Mine come out of the oven brown and moist and taste like chicken. ummm, so says my brother

Last edited by Redley; 11-29-2011 at 05:14 AM. Reason: add line

Old 12-22-2011, 11:03 AM   #12

Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
I think the OP was talking about HIS rifle, not asking for opinions on what might be better.

And the AR would be a LOT more fun to shoot rabbits with than a shotgun I would think.

But, safedman, don't you think you might tear up less meat with a head shot?
I don't use any front end meat, I take the back straps and hind legs only. Strip the fur and have never had to gut one, I use the remains for bait. I de-bone and cut into small cubes for stew. Sometimes I will brown the meat with butter add a little soy sauce and lemon juice, simmer till done and eat with a toothpick. They are a great addition to the food locker!
"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." Patrick Henery ... "The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!" George Washington

Last edited by safedman; 12-22-2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: add info

Old 12-22-2011, 07:56 PM   #13

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I've owned a 15-22 for almost two years and love it. Even using the guns factory sights I can easily hit soda cans at 100 yds and with simple optics it's even better. What's really nice is my 12 old son can shoot the gun just as easily as me. By adjusting the stock to fit his shoulder, he gets the fit he wants and as he grows he can change the stocks position to fit him correctly... sort of one size fits all.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #14

Here is mine. Just a few add ons and I love this little gun!
"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." Patrick Henery ... "The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!" George Washington

Old 01-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #15

Howdy,
dang it you guys are killing me!!!! For a month I have been trying to find a 15-22 and in my area they are sold out. I did locate a pink camo one but just cant make myself swish enough for pink. The cheapest price that I have found one is $449. That is at Academy. Guess I will have to wait and envy you lucky guys. Have a goodun!!!!!!!

Old 01-07-2012, 11:33 PM   #16

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 89

They were being sold here in Longview today at a gun show in the $399-$440 range. The average seemed to about $420. M&P 15's (5.56) were as low as $650.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:41 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5499 Times on 2871 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdy View Post
Howdy,
dang it you guys are killing me!!!! For a month I have been trying to find a 15-22 and in my area they are sold out. I did locate a pink camo one but just cant make myself swish enough for pink. The cheapest price that I have found one is $449. That is at Academy. Guess I will have to wait and envy you lucky guys. Have a goodun!!!!!!!
aint gotta be swishy to go pink!!

that one is mine. you need to get the pink tiger stripe!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-08-2012, 04:23 AM   #18

If you have an AR already, get a conversion kit. Mine works awesome!

Old 01-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #19

Howdy,
well, I found and purchased a green one!!!! I have put 300 rounds of mixed brand rounds through it with no hick ups. Out of the box with no sight adjustment I was able to hit 2 inch steel spinners at 30 yards. My 13 year old friend from down my road came by and he could do the same thing. I am impressed with the accuracy and trouble free action. Have a goodun!!!!!!!!

Old 01-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdy View Post
Howdy,
Take a look on
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/61690/Smith+%26+Wesson+M%26P15-22+A1+Style+wCompensator+%26+Collapsible+Sto
I saved over $150 on mine compared to local gun shop prices. BUT have noted their price is up $100 from what I paid a few months ago!!

Last edited by safedman; 01-08-2012 at 02:55 PM.