Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > m& p 15-22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default m& p 15-22

my son got a 15-22.looks great I had my doubts if it would perform.Wow what a surprise.A great plinking rifle.shot it all day and did not get bored..comes apart and cleans easily..a new must have....shoots well without a scope...peace...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

My shooting partner bought one a few months ago and it has been flawless. I figure we have about 4,000rds through it now with no cleaning, no lube and no malfunctions.

I'll be picking up a couple of them soon, too. One for me and one for my daughter.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 04-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1992 Times on 1080 Posts
Likes Given: 716

I've had one for a little over a year now. Great gun and more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 04-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yup, my dad has one. Fun, inexpensive, lightweight. He has the 15-22 pistol as well, now that is more fun than two barrels full of monkeys.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:38 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

We have 2 or 3 thousand rounds through my son's 15-22. It is a great little rifle. He has all the extra stuff that a kid would want on it...from the red dot sight, to a folding bipod, to hand grip, 4 extra mags. He loves it and it is accurate. He likes to shoot at 100 yards and is pretty good with it.

im000407.jpg  

Old 04-14-2011, 03:02 AM   #6
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1699 Times on 970 Posts
Likes Given: 3478

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
My shooting partner bought one a few months ago and it has been flawless. I figure we have about 4,000rds through it now with no cleaning, no lube and no malfunctions.

I'll be picking up a couple of them soon, too. One for me and one for my daughter.
I have lost count on the amount of ammo, the average is a brick of Blazer CCI every time I go to the range!

I have notice the last time cleaning some wear on the bottom of the bolt. The picture is from S&W forum; but, it is the same area. Some say this is normal; but, when will it be time replace the bolt? What I have read on other forums via google is that any internal replacement parts has to come from S&W only, shipping the firearm back to them. Not like a Ruger 10/22!

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-m-p-15-22/182287-bolt-wearing-lower-right-side.html

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 04-14-2011 at 03:09 AM.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:47 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5128 Times on 2671 Posts
Likes Given: 311

I shoot my ar15s a lot and they all have wear marks similar where the carrier pushes the hammer down. Wouldnt worry about it unless pieces flake off or it stops functioning. The wear marks show ya where you need to lube.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-18-2011, 11:58 PM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I've been wanting one of those since they came out but seems I always spend my cash on a pistol. I've bought two FN Herstal pistols in the last month....

Old 04-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #9

My shooting buddy has one of these as well and they are great. It works really well as a training tool with the iron sights too, for those fellow Soldiers (coworkers) who we take out shooting. We've seen multiple friends increase their marksmanship scores just from practicing getting good sight pictures.
We also have a lot of fun putting my Sig 522 up against it, head-to-head, lol.

Evil Conservative Hate-monger.

Calle

Old 04-24-2011, 08:51 PM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

yeah my 15/22 pistol is a blast to shoot!

odpistol-002.jpg   odpistol-007.jpg  

TACTICAL22.NET,NRA, VCDL