Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > M&p 15 .22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2014, 10:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 901 Times on 474 Posts
Likes Given: 635

Default M&p 15 .22

Just picked this up for $315 out the door. Used but I'm not sure it has even been shot. Like new and not a scratch on it. Came with an Aimpoint red dot!!!!

USMC 74-78

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-12-2014, 10:45 PM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1803 Times on 981 Posts
Likes Given: 557

Were you wearing a mask when you stole that?

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 06-12-2014, 11:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Were you wearing a mask when you stole that?
LOL There are at least 40 gun, pawn shops within 35 miles of me where I live. Lots of competition here for sales. Of course Kentucky is known for being a backwards gun loving state. One of the main reasons I live here. Plus everybody you meet has a gun or 400. So deals are everywhere.

Shooters Connection, Buds, Centerfire Systems, and many more gun shops within a 30 minute drive. Ky. Gun Co. 55 minutes away. Gun heaven where I live. I feel sorry for people who live in most states.

USMC 74-78

Old 06-12-2014, 11:50 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1662 Times on 1154 Posts
Likes Given: 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller View Post
LOL There are at least 40 gun, pawn shops within 35 miles of me where I live. Lots of competition here for sales. Of course Kentucky is known for being a backwards gun loving state. One of the main reasons I live here. Plus everybody you meet has a gun or 400. So deals are everywhere.

Shooters Connection, Buds, Centerfire Systems, and many more gun shops within a 30 minute drive. Ky. Gun Co. 55 minutes away. Gun heaven where I live. I feel sorry for people who live in most states.
We are more gun lovin', and almost as backward!!

True though, for some reason we just don't have gun marts like Whitaker's. Been there 2 or 3 times. Good Lord! :envy:

Old 06-12-2014, 11:52 PM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1803 Times on 981 Posts
Likes Given: 557

I live in AZ which is another gun loving state but I dont see deals like that and I keep my eyes open.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 06-13-2014, 12:12 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 472

Nice piece. The 22 ammo situation may have contributed to the deal, maybe not the only reason....

Enjoy.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:33 AM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2342 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 1189

Killer,

We will be issuing a Warrant for your Arrest for Theft!

I am sure you felt real bad about the scalping you gave some one for at least .0000001 of a second!

Nice piece! I have a S&W 15-22 with an EOTech on it and simply love the little rifle! It is accurate, fun and cheap to shoot! Wow! What a deal you made!

WAY TO GO!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 06-13-2014, 01:03 AM   #8

Bought it at a LGS in Harrodsburg Ky. Lucked into it for sure. Was setting targets up Friday for a shoot I hold every year and a buddy of mine said I know where to get one of them after I mentioned I was heading to Buds to get one. Saved me a bunch of money.

USMC 74-78

Old 06-15-2014, 01:14 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1475 Times on 1001 Posts
Likes Given: 512

I am in NC. In this area of NC guns are high. Used guns go for MSRP or more if you can put on a good show. 100 miles south of here guns go for about the same price as you see online. Charlotte is loaded with good gun shops. One LGS in this area has Winchester 7.62x54r 180gr sp ammo priced at $43. Local shops say they can't compete with online vendors because they have more overhead. Most of these shops are in old buildings that rent pretty cheap. When you present the fact that most online vendors have a brick an mortar shop plus all the labor and packing materials to ship online orders they just shake their head. One shop told me that Buds Gun Shop is a distributor that sells retail they do not do FFL transfers for buds. I told them I don't buy from shops that I never set foot in. Believe it or not I had to explain that one to the salesman. Many times the shop makes as much on ammo and accessories as they do the gun.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 06-16-2014, 04:13 AM   #10
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1807 Times on 1036 Posts
Likes Given: 3682

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller View Post
Bought it at a LGS in Harrodsburg Ky. Lucked into it for sure. Was setting targets up Friday for a shoot I hold every year and a buddy of mine said I know where to get one of them after I mentioned I was heading to Buds to get one. Saved me a bunch of money.
Just from the pictures, this gun has not been fired.

Any carbon residue?

Do not shoot any Remington rounds into the MP 15-22. All I have fired is some Federal match and mainly Blazer .22LR 40 grain.

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 06-16-2014 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Corrected for wording!