Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Lucky shot?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I don't believe in lucky shots...............

Jim............

Old 08-27-2009, 10:59 PM   #12

Likes Given: 1

My best was with a H&R .32 SxW Long: A fox ran across the road and I took a fast shot while I was moving and of course missed. But I got stopped and the fox had stopped out in a field so I took aim and raised it up and fired and he didn't even wiggle. I had hit him right under the eye so I paced it off and it was 110 paces.My brother in law was so fasinated he wouldn't sell the hide he tanned it for me to hang on the wall. He said "you will get more fun out of telling that story than I could ever buy with 20 dollars".

Old 08-27-2009, 11:41 PM   #13

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterPsmith View Post
I don't believe in lucky shots...............

Jim............

I tend to concur, a missed shot is due to either operator error or weapon malfunction.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-27-2009, 11:48 PM   #14

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by badeye View Post
Lets hear about your LUCKIEST shot....we've all made em.
Mine was a crow at 287 yds with my Savage 17 hmr. Bushnell laser rangefinder said it was anyway.
Does it have to be with a .22 or rimfire??

JD

Old 08-28-2009, 01:51 AM   #15

the luckiest shot i have ever made was a shot from a bb pistol. i was walking back to my house when i was about 15 and a bird flew past the space between the 2 houses i was walking between. i just swung the pistol up and fired once in its general direction and caught it right in the breast. it went down about 30 yards later. it was amazing and in no way was it skill it was true luck regardless of what anyone says.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Does it have to be with a .22 or rimfire??

JD
Any firearm will be ok JD,just want to hear about the details. I just put it in the rimfire section because thats what i made mine with. Let us hear yours.........

Old 08-30-2009, 07:39 AM   #17

Mine was dove hunting a few years back. Two of them were flying together. The trailing bird was a little behind and to the left. They started turning, and were about side by side when I shot. Got them both with one shell. Pure luck, no doubt about it.

If you can't make them see the light, make the feel the heat: Ronald Reagan

Old 08-31-2009, 12:41 AM   #18

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

My first rabbit was shot in the bridge of the nose at a full run as he leapt off a snowbank with a .22 at 20 yards.
I shot a goose through the neck at 50 yards with a .270 Winchester a couple years later while kneeling in the mud and shooting through a tunnel in the brush. The rest of my awesome shots were all skill, and we don't have the bandwidth to permit me to recount them all.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:55 AM   #19

I guess my best shot was on a blackbird with a Red Ryder BB Gun when I was about 12 years old..He flew towards me I missed on 1 st shot coming at me...I reloaded right quick and got him in the chest as he flew just pass me..He hit the ground..flipped and got up...finished him off with one to the head at point blank range...

One more...I have a Thompson Enocore 460 S&W Pistol with a Burris scope..it has a 14in barrel...I was riding my 4 wheeler one evening and a doe ran in front of me..I tried to stop..still kind of rolling and shot missed...I reloaded and shot her running at 50 yards. I hit her in the hip and broke her back. She flipped over and tried to get away..I finished her off with my Glock 40 at 5 yards...The good thing is I really did not lose that much meat..I shoot Hornaday 200g SST bullets...Those bullets with my barrel are going about 2600fps..That is what the Ballistics say from SSK Industires, which is where I got my barrel from.

You can see in the left corner of the screen a 5 gallon bucket..You can kind of see just how big the hole is by comparing it to the bucket..

Here is a pic of the doe...

0416080153a.jpg