lookng for a new .22
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > lookng for a new .22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2008, 03:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default lookng for a new .22

I am new to shooting and am looking for a new 22. I would like it to as accurate as i can get for $300-500 (just to be spent on the gun itself). i would like either bolt action or a semi auto (which ever is more accurate). I would perfer if it wasn't a tubular magazine. I have consulted with a couple people and they have sudgested the cz 542. does anyone beleive this is a good rifle for what i am looking for or does anyone else have a better sudgestion

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-09-2008, 04:02 AM   #2

Hard to go wrong with a Ruger 10/22.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:23 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

The Ruger 77/22 is a good choice if you're looking for a bolt action.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:47 PM   #4

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

The CZ both rugers and there are many others out there that will fit the bill. Look for a Remington 504-T. Any thing mentioned above will fill the bill very well. Also look into Savage.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:01 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

For entry level are you sure you want to go that high on a .22? I love shooting my 22s, but you will want to move up after a bit. It sounds like you have an interest in accuracy, that my man is an affliction without cure. You will want to stretch your range out and will probably become bored with the limitations of the 22.
There are a lot of 22s (new and used) for under 200 that you will enjoy for a lifetime. The 10/22 recommendation is a good one. For bolt action all the major manufacturers have viable options.
Good luck with whatever you get.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:35 PM   #6

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

The Ruger 10/22 is a great rifle and is supported by an amazing amount of products to customize it in any way you'd like. The only problem with it out of the box is the trigger pull. There are many good drop in aftermarket trigger groups that help a lot. Good luck and happy shooting.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 01-09-2008, 07:09 PM   #7

I have both the 10/22 and the 77/22, both are great guns and reasonable. If, down the road your going to customize the 10/22 is the way to go. If you want a good hunter and plinker the 77/22 is great.