Looking for a suppressed .22 LR
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Looking for a suppressed .22 LR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Looking for a suppressed .22 LR

First off, I cant find any specific enough laws on suppressors for Washington State. So I am not 100% sure if I can buy one here. Or online, and have it shipped here.

Also, they must be shipped to a Class III FFL lisense holder. So if the gun shop needs to have a Class III, does that mean I need to have a Class III to pick up the gun?

This is the gun I really, really want. I am selling things to buy it, but I dont want to buy it, and not be able to get it. So can someone help point me into the right direction (maybe even a cheaper gun )

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=116449564

Last edited by ArrizX; 11-23-2008 at 10:16 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-23-2008, 03:44 PM   #2

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

You have to purchas a supperssor from a Class III dealer. You can't get a class III lic unless you are a dealer of NFA firearms and stuff.

I think you can own one but you can not use it. I am not sure about this as I live in VA not WA. Check at gunstores or Class III shops.

Dillianger may know. He is out there in WA on the left coast.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:29 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

In Washington State, you can purchase a suppressor for a legally licensed pistol, or a combination of the two, from a licensed Class III dealer.

You can legally take purchase of the suppressor after some paperwork and the required background check and $200 Tax Stamp.

HOWEVER -

It's basically a waste of your money because NOWHERE within the confines of the State of Washington are you NOT LEGALLY allowed to use said suppressor for ANY purpose.

That means if you sneak off into the woods and "try it out" and someone happens by your "range" you can be reported, you can be put in jail and your weapon WILL be confiscated, most likely, on the spot unless you have a REAL cool member of the Law Enforcement community that happens to show up. Not likely...

I would suggest a move one state East if this is a goal you can not let go as they are much friendlier there about your 2A rights.

JD

Old 11-23-2008, 06:52 PM   #4

Perfect, thank you.

Although, the plan was to use it on our prive property. I live in a neighborhood with 20acer parcels. Our particular one, we are tuckeed in a corner, against a big hill. And people dont want to hear gun shots all day. I just wanted a quiet plinker.

So pretty much I can find what I want, buy it, pay a $200 dollar tax, do some rather crappy paperwork, and get it right?

Old 11-23-2008, 07:01 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
Perfect, thank you.

Although, the plan was to use it on our prive property. I live in a neighborhood with 20acer parcels. Our particular one, we are tuckeed in a corner, against a big hill. And people dont want to hear gun shots all day. I just wanted a quiet plinker.

So pretty much I can find what I want, buy it, pay a $200 dollar tax, do some rather crappy paperwork, and get it right?
Have you tried subsonic rounds?

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:28 PM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
Perfect, thank you.

Pretty much. The paperwork isn't too painful. Call Wade's Gun Shop in Bellevue, they probably move more suppressors than anyone in the area, but their prices are a bit high. They can set you straight on the rules though, then you can do some comparison shopping on your own.

Just be careful. The Laws in this state are VERY clear about civilians owning versus USING a suppressors.

JD

Old 11-24-2008, 02:17 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Have you tried subsonic rounds?
No, i'm not totally sure where to get it at. I cant just run to a gun store, the closest one is 40 minutes away. In my jeep it gets rather expensive to drive that far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Pretty much. The paperwork isn't too painful. Call Wade's Gun Shop in Bellevue, they probably move more suppressors than anyone in the area, but their prices are a bit high. They can set you straight on the rules though, then you can do some comparison shopping on your own.

Just be careful. The Laws in this state are VERY clear about civilians owning versus USING a suppressors.

JD
Well... Im on the East side of the Cascades, so I cant run over and get one any time soon. Besides, I dont really want to just buy a suppressor. Then I would have to thread my barrel and do all sorts of stuff. Huge hassle, I would rather just buy a suppressed gun. I have my eyes on one, but it would cost $700, plus shipping, plus Federal tax.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=116449564

Thats getting my hopes a little high. I wont be able to get that, but I cant seem to find any others. Does anyone have any other ideas to a cheaper alternative. Besides, my .22 is from my grandpa who passed. Id rather not tamper with that.

I just want a new suppressed rifle, thanks

I did however, find this site. its got a Nimrod suppressed barrel, on a Marlin 7000 for a closeout cost of $535. Would this be a good choice? Any other cheaper ideas?
http://www.paladinarmory.com/22Rifles.htm

Last edited by ArrizX; 11-24-2008 at 02:19 AM.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:48 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9567 Times on 4116 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

If you are an adult, you can buy ammo and have shipped to you. MOST 22 autos will not cycle with subsonics, but bolts and levers work oK. Most common brands- Aguilla Colibri, and CCI CB Longs. Personally prefer the CCI- looks like a 22 LR round, but has very light propellant charge. Bullet travels slower than speed of sound, VERY quiet from a rifle. Drop is much greater than higher velocity ammo, and energy is much less- but quite accurate, adequate for pest control- and a lot cheaper and a LOT less hassle than suppressor.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:57 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
If you are an adult, you can buy ammo and have shipped to you. MOST 22 autos will not cycle with subsonics, but bolts and levers work oK. Most common brands- Aguilla Colibri, and CCI CB Longs. Personally prefer the CCI- looks like a 22 LR round, but has very light propellant charge. Bullet travels slower than speed of sound, VERY quiet from a rifle. Drop is much greater than higher velocity ammo, and energy is much less- but quite accurate, adequate for pest control- and a lot cheaper and a LOT less hassle than suppressor.
My Marlin 60 cycles the CCIs pretty well.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:04 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Sounds like it... Ill have to look into that. I was excited because it just means i'm getting another gun lol but I dont even know if I can gather the money. Definitely could be going this route.