Looking for something specific... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Looking for something specific...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 10:58 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Sounds good, should be great looking rifle when it's complete. I put one of Boyds' thumb-hole laminate stocks on my 917V about 6 months after I bought it.

The only rifle I have that came with a synthetic stock was my Savage 110, It was on their just a few weeks before it was replaced with my first Boyds' thumb-hole stock The synthetic stock was just too weak and flexed too much for my taste. None of the other rifles I've shot felt right with the synthetic stocks. So any rifle I look to buy either has a wood stock on it, or at least has one available for it.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:33 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have a mossberg 22 bolt action, really nice shooting guns one holer too. There old but if you can get your hands on one I would, they'll probably cost a good penny too.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 03-01-2011, 12:46 AM   #13

It turns out that I have to wait for it to come in, I don't know if i mentioned that in my previous post. The outfitter I got it from doesn't normally stock it so I had to go in and put at least 25% down for them to order. Ended up doing half of the $256 final price w/ tax. When it comes in (could be a month or more) I'll put the rest down along with some extra for a scope.

Now I have to decide what kind of scope would be best... something with a silver finish of course.... any suggestions on that?

Old 03-01-2011, 06:56 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've had good service from the BSA scopes I've bought recently, I don't know what they have in a silver scope though. All of mine are black. I did have to send one of my BSA's back to Cabela's about 5 years ago, one of the internal lenses had what appeared to be an oily finger print on it. The replacement scope, same brand and model, was fine.

A variable power 3-9x40 or 4-16x40 etc. would be a good addition to a new 22 rifle. My 917V is wearing a 6-24x44 BSA Catseye right now, it replaced the 4-12x40 Bushnell middle of last year.