Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Looking for a new stock for 10/22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Default Looking for a new stock for 10/22

Any suggestions? Anything under $100 will be nice! My current stock is falling apart because its over 30 years old

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1742 Times on 947 Posts
Likes Given: 547

There are so many to choose from. It all depends on what you want from the stock. Sport, tactical, cool, radical etc. You can find the standard stocks in wood or plastic on Ebay around $40. Boyds has some very nice ones at $100 made of laminated wood. The Hogue ever molded is pretty nice and Tapco has tactical. I like this one myself.
http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/Replacement-Stocks-for-the-Ruger-10-22-s/40.htm

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 10-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 701 Times on 457 Posts
Likes Given: 1925

No experience with it, but I really like the look of the M1 carbine stock for the 10/22

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR

Old 10-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #4

Well after shooting an M4 this weekend I am sold on the 6 position AR type stocks, if I get one I would like to put a bi-pod or foregrip on it.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #5

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunnerfury View Post
Well after shooting an M4 this weekend I am sold on the 6 position AR type stocks, if I get one I would like to put a bi-pod or foregrip on it.
The bipods and foregrips look cool but they suck when you actually shoot the gun. The 10/22 is balanced well right out of the box. You will not enjoy another pound stuck on the front of the gun. Unless you shoot from the prone position all the time. Vertical foregrips are are good for knocking all the stuff off the shelf in your safe. If you ever get into thick brush with junk hanging off the front of your gun bring a leatherman with you. You can take it off the gun and leave it behind.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #6

Liked 68 Times on 64 Posts

Archangel has some cool ones

Old 10-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #7
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I have to agree with Old Crow. The bipod is great for the bench or prone but is pretty much extra weight and a snagger. I have bipods but they are quick detach and go on a picatiny or scope base. I attached a Weaver scope base to the bottom of my 10-22 forend. Cheap and easy. You can also get a carbine ring with a mount attached. I believe Tapco has the AR style stock if that is what you are interested in. Look it up on Amazon.

Patron Member NRA
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 10-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #8

My old stock looks and feels like its 30+ years old... The steel recoil pad is loose and falling off and the stock is withering away. I wanted something more modern. So I am sold on the Archangel stock!

Old 10-09-2012, 06:51 PM   #9
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunnerfury View Post
My old stock looks and feels like its 30+ years old... The steel recoil pad is loose and falling off and the stock is withering away. I wanted something more modern. So I am sold on the Archangel stock!
That is the big plus for the 10-22. There are so many after market products you can turn them into anything you want. It is your rifle and you can put whatever you like on it. It does not matter what anyone else thinks as long as you like it.

Patron Member NRA

Old 10-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #10

Liked 212 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Boyd's stocks
Hogues stocks