Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Looking for a new plinker with a bull barell (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/looking-new-plinker-bull-barell-11448/)

JGguns 03-02-2009 01:55 PM

Looking for a new plinker with a bull barell

Hey guys right now I have a ss rosi pump .22 its a fun little gun and actually very accurate. But I am wanting to get a new .22 I have had this one since I can remeber. I am wanting something low in price (hopefully under 300) preferably semi auto but a bolt would be fine with a bull barrel. I have found a couplethat I like but figure I better ask for opions before I pull the trigger on something. I like the winchester wildcat and the savage mark ll with a target barrel. Any others I should take a look at? Thanks

dnthmn2004 03-02-2009 02:19 PM

My recommendation is a Savage Arms Mark II BVT with the AccuTrigger. Best rifle for the price in my eyes. Yes you can get a Ruger 10/22 and put hundreds of dollars into custom parts and work. But I literally put tacs in the backer-board for targets with my stock Savage 93R17. For a factory rimfire rifle, its hard to beat a Savage. My two cents.

JGguns 03-02-2009 02:30 PM

Alright thanks for the input. Do all the mark ll come with a heavy target barrel? Or is there differant barrels?

dnthmn2004 03-02-2009 03:34 PM

There are whole bunch of configurations.
Savage Arms Rimfire Rifles

JGguns 03-02-2009 06:14 PM

Alright i checked them out looks like I will probly be going with a stock one with a heavy target barell. Are there alot of options for these guns as far as tactical looking stuff? Anyone got any pics of modded mark ll? Thanks

dnthmn2004 03-02-2009 08:46 PM

Theres not much aftermarket parts for the Mark II. Mainly scopes and stocks, but I love the thumbhole stock on mine. If your looking for aftermarket down the line, then the Ruger 10/22 probably has the most to choose from.

JGguns 03-02-2009 09:02 PM

Yeah I checked out the thumbhole stocks, very slick looking stocks. i am not planning on going crazy with it. I will probly just end up put one of the thumb hole stocks on it. I just want the option of being able to change it up a bit. Well now that I have the gun narrowed down what is the used price roughly on theses? I found the standard one with the 21" heavy target barell for $241. I probly will end up just buying new cause they are so cheap..

dnthmn2004 03-02-2009 09:13 PM

Ya, you can get them pretty cheap. I sometimes use GunBroker.com Online Gun Auction to check what new/used guns are going for.

JGguns 03-02-2009 09:18 PM

Yeah I checked out gun broker but I didnt see any on there. If I can wait 2 weeks for the gun show to come I probly could find one but I dont know if I have the patience lol.

dnthmn2004 03-02-2009 10:06 PM

Patience is important when purchasing firearms. Sometimes you just need to wait for the right deal to come along. You KNOW if you buy it now for $300, your going to see it at that gun show for $240.:D I had to learn the hard way that a gun is not something you buy on impulse, it never works out well.