Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Looking For N. Illinois & S. Wisconsin smallbore shooters (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/looking-n-illinois-s-wisconsin-smallbore-shooters-51487/)

pccraig 11-09-2011 05:37 PM

Looking For N. Illinois & S. Wisconsin smallbore shooters

I’ve posted this on as many Rimfire / Smallbore forums as I could find, so forgive me if you see this everywhere.

Just wondering if there’s any smallbore / rimfire shooters out there in N. Illinois or S. Wisconsin looking to get together for some “unofficial” matches. Nothing fancy. I got this idea when I joined a group of fellow bass fishermen this summer. We’d get together on a scheduled basis at a pre-determined lake or pond and fish for bragging rights. Biggest catch, total weigh, etc.

There seems to be a few ranges in the area with 50 to 100 yd lines, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing something like this. There’s a few good formats we could follow:

Smallbore 3P / Smallbore 4P / Mini Palma / CMP Sporter / Benchrest / Etc.

Or, to start, we could just agree to attend any of local ranges who host their own matches:

Bristol / Sycamore / ISRA Range / Beloit / Racine / St Charles / Aurora / etc.

Thoughts ????

JonM 11-09-2011 06:51 PM

i go to mcmiller just about every weekend. i shoot 22lr to 458Lott

PSYCHOFREAK3 11-09-2011 07:47 PM

I'd love to but I have to work on the small bore part of my collection a little more. Would definetly be interested in checking it out though.

pccraig 11-09-2011 08:19 PM

PSYCHOFREAK3

If you have any kind of .22, you'd be good to go.

JonM

Does your range host rimfire matches ?

PSYCHOFREAK3 11-10-2011 03:48 PM

Well that's the question of the hour, yes the range I am trying to get into does host rimfire matches. The problem is I am not a member yet, I still need one more sponsor to get in. With my crazy work scheudle it's harder than I thought to get out there on meeting nights.

PSYCHOFREAK3 11-10-2011 03:49 PM

Nevermind I just realized that question was positioned to Jon M, ignore my reply.

JonM 11-10-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSYCHOFREAK3 (Post 624202)
Nevermind I just realized that question was positioned to Jon M, ignore my reply.

dunno. its a public range you can shoot any paper but humanoid type targets. some stupid dnr rule. here is their phone number (262) 594-5900

tonydewar 11-11-2011 03:04 AM

wish i was there i would be interested grew up in carpentersville. fox vally rifle range

Shade 11-11-2011 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pccraig (Post 623336)
I’ve posted this on as many Rimfire / Smallbore forums as I could find, so forgive me if you see this everywhere.

Just wondering if there’s any smallbore / rimfire shooters out there in N. Illinois or S. Wisconsin looking to get together for some “unofficial” matches. Nothing fancy. I got this idea when I joined a group of fellow bass fishermen this summer. We’d get together on a scheduled basis at a pre-determined lake or pond and fish for bragging rights. Biggest catch, total weigh, etc.

There seems to be a few ranges in the area with 50 to 100 yd lines, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing something like this. There’s a few good formats we could follow:

Or, to start, we could just agree to attend any of local ranges who host their own matches:

Thoughts ????

Let me know if you are headed to the Bonfield (ISRA Range) I live close to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonydewar (Post 624760)
wish i was there i would be interested grew up in carpentersville. fox vally rifle range

No ****, I grew up in Cary. When did you graduate? Class of '85 here.

winds-of-change 11-11-2011 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 623395)
i go to mcmiller just about every weekend. i shoot 22lr to 458Lott

I have been shooting with Jon at this range. It is a very nice range. I would drive up there to do some competitive shooting. Except, I am pretty new to guns and not very good but I would like the competition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pccraig (Post 623336)

Thoughts ????

I live in DeKalb County, Illinois and I have a Mark II that I love!! I have been looking for some novice competitive shooting. I would be very interested.