Lookin for good .22 rifle Semi/bolt/lever - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Lookin for good .22 rifle Semi/bolt/lever

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 02:35 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Fictictious targets on 22 cal long guns

I only know from the past and the Present. There will be lemons in all makes and models. You can Bragg al you want on your 22 long gun. the pruf is in the long run. Which Gun shot the most RDS. With out being cleaned and will still hit the target @ 100 yrds. I'm A long distance Shooter. I can see the deflection the bullet makes when it travels thru the air. `I have this so called second site. I can see the shot as it goes to the target. My son thinks I'm crazy till I show him the target. It's wierd but I shot a duck that was flying in the clouds with a 22 marlin. I could actualy see the the bullets when I fired. No Pics, No Lies, Just plain God Blessed shooting. I'm needing glasses but I can still make out the distortion from the path of the bullet. Wills in da Swamp In La. One Shot One Kill.........

Old 04-20-2010, 01:25 AM   #32

Liked 35 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
I will tell you from experience, I have never shot a 10/22 that performed any better than that of Stalkingbear's. His Ruger was a sight to behold and for the trigger, I have no words.
This is the Target RugerShootinGal shot with Bear's 10/22, and she is not experienced with rifles at all. But as you can see, That 10/22 shoots flawlessly.
Damn RSG did a good job with Bears 22 NICE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger
ain't skeered

Last edited by RugerShootinGal; 04-20-2010 at 01:28 AM.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:00 AM   #33

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Just to throw my two cents in, I can't imagine anyone not liking an accurate, fun to shoot Ruger 10/22. Mine out of the box shoots great, but no it is not an Olympic target rifle, nor do I have any intention of trying to make it one. I have one of those, an Anschutz Super Match, that will group one ragged hole at 100 meters, but it's not a $300 rifle. However, if I remember correctly, I just saw a stainless 10/22 at Walmart for $227.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:18 AM   #34

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
You can Bragg al you want on your 22 long gun. I can see the deflection the bullet makes when it travels thru the air. `I have this so called second site. I can see the shot as it goes to the target. My son thinks I'm crazy till I show him the target. It's wierd but I shot a duck that was flying in the clouds with a 22 marlin. I could actualy see the the bullets when I fired. I'm needing glasses but I can still make out the distortion from the path of the bullet
Will, I'm sure you know that your outrageous claim of "seeing bullets" is most likely giggled at around here when read. We've also had so many of your kind (miracle shooters) come in and out of here throughout the last several months, that it makes your "miracle shooting" claim seem even more ridiculous.

If you are truly a miracle shooter and can perform these feats, then have your son video tape you shooting and "calling" your shot on the target. . . until then you might as well lay off the talk.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:44 AM   #35
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 472 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
It's wierd but I shot a duck that was flying in the clouds with a 22 marlin.
Holy crap!! Ducks are flying around armed with Marlin .22's.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:53 AM   #36

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Gotta watch those damned Ducks!!

Old 04-20-2010, 09:09 AM   #37

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Holy crap!! Ducks are flying around armed with Marlin .22's.

Crap, the fowls are learning!!! Evolution is true!!!!

The cost of a hunting license $10.50
The cost of a box good .22 ammo $6.97

Being able to shoot flying ducks through clouds armed with a marlin .22 and seeing the bullets path the whole way despite vision impairment - priceless.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:35 AM   #38

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Now I have seen the bullet as we were shooting as well. The problem is the sun has to be int eh right spot you have to be shooting the right time and you have to be standing in the right spot to see them.

In California in the bright summer sun we would catch glints off the bullets every so often. I think it happened once or twice in 22 years of shooting. I have seen vapor trails more back east here in VA because of them nice hot humid days.

Now I dunno about this second sight thing. I also am unsure what Wills is smoking, drinking or shooting up to be seein ducks flying with Marlins. I think some here are blowing smoke.

I am calling BS on the I can see the bullet all the way all the time statement till I see some proof of it.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #39

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Having shot in competition for many years, we practiced a minimum of two hours every day. Seeing low velocity bullets fired from small bore rifles and pistols, especially the 45 ACP, is quite common on an indoor range and occasionally outdoors.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #40

You guys are rough!!! I too have seen the bullets flight as well under the right conditions esp a .22 or a ball from a ML. and I understand some long distance guys can even track something moving say .308 speed.
You guys must be pretty sorry shots if you NEED a shotgun for duck hunting. The reason fowl hunting with a rifle is illegal is only because of how deadly .22's are and maybe the OP lives in a state where it's legal. Bunch of darn sceptics woopin up on new guys like myself. AND yes Grizz guns are not toys.. but they are just fun to shoot.

if it walks like a duck .....