Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > On a lighter note

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 04:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default On a lighter note

I attended a .22 silhouette match this weekend and thankfully I won this match using a 30 year old marlin my dad gave me and some cheap federal ammo. Just to show that you don't always need the big expensive weapons to be a great shot. I'm blessed that southern Mississippi lets this match. It happens to be at the dcm range in Pascagoula, MS. I have been shooting this match since I was 12 years old and love that people have to drive to continue to run the match . The sad thing is next month I will not be attending this match because of running out of .22 ammo. This country has gone down hill here I am an AFG vet and I can't enjoy a friendly match. It's all do to the media blowing things up and causing a panic when there is no need to.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-19-2013, 05:03 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREWTASTIC119
I attended a .22 silhouette match this weekend and thankfully I won this match using a 30 year old marlin my dad gave me and some cheap federal ammo. Just to show that you don't always need the big expensive weapons to be a great shot. I'm blessed that southern Mississippi lets this match. It happens to be at the dcm range in Pascagoula, MS. I have been shooting this match since I was 12 years old and love that people have to drive to continue to run the match . The sad thing is next month I will not be attending this match because of running out of .22 ammo. This country has gone down hill here I am an AFG vet and I can't enjoy a friendly match. It's all do to the media blowing things up and causing a panic when there is no need to.
What other matches and things do they do at dcm? My uncle shoots there some times. I have never been tho.