Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > life of 22 ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 06:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have a couple of boxes of Remington 22 LR that has a solid dark green box, with white Kleenbore lettering, and copper cases, that all fired and shot really good at 50 yards. This stuff was probably from the 50's. I also have some "Hi-Speed" Golden bullets in the red and white boxes from the early 70's (I think) that actually out shot new Remington Goldens, with no misfires. The new production stuff had 2 misfires in 100 rounds. On a side note, I have shot centerfire ammo that was about 100 years old. I had gotten a bucket full of old ammo from a guy I worked with from when he cleaned out his uncle's house out when he died. Had a bunch of .38 S&W's, so I shot them in my Enfield .38. It went like this- bang,bang,bang, Boom! White smoke, bang,bang. All rounds fired, and some were old enough to be black powder rounds yet!!!