Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Let's talk about Henry Rifles!!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/lets-talk-about-henry-rifles-89770/)

RandyMarsh 04-29-2013 03:57 AM

Let's talk about Henry Rifles!!!

I love my .22 Henry H001. Lever action makes me feel like a cowboy out on the range, with a 30/30 or something hehe! I know, I know, it's only a .22, but we all know a weapon is only as good as its wielder right? Personally I love any .22 from a LR to a .22 mag round :)

I guess loading time is the only negative aspect of this bad boy, but god dang is it a little nail driver!! I love the whole gun, from the sexy walnut, to the sights, and the lever action!

What are your impressions on Henry Rifles of any caliber?

aandabooks 04-29-2013 01:46 PM

I only have one and it is a H001T. Love everything about it. Awesome gun for the money.

kytowboater 04-29-2013 04:00 PM

For my dad 60th birthday last year, I put gifted him a Henry .22 lever action. Blued steel, nice wood and the heavy octagon barrel. The action was so smooth. I hated to hand over that rifle lol, sadly he has yet to shoot it. I would like to add one to my safe one day.

4tsmith 04-29-2013 04:01 PM

The only problem with the Henry AR7 that is always in the BOB in the trunk of my car is that it isn't the new upgraded version.

The H001 is sweet and even better in 22 mag.

Don't EVER shoot the Henry 22 pump unless you are ready to purchase;they're just too much fun to be legal for an adult.Particularly one who is only in their second or third childhood.;)

mrt8110 04-29-2013 04:17 PM

Henry

I have two of them,henry H001 and a Golden Boy in 17HMR.Both awesome rifles.Customer Service is next to none. :) Cliff

winds-of-change 04-29-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kytowboater (Post 1231107)
For my dad 60th birthday last year, I put gifted him a Henry .22 lever action. Blued steel, nice wood and the heavy octagon barrel. The action was so smooth. I hated to hand over that rifle lol, sadly he has yet to shoot it. I would like to add one to my safe one day.

Ky, make it a point to take your Dad shooting. Then he'll shoot that wonderful rifle and you'll get to shoot it, too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4tsmith (Post 1231109)
The only problem with the Henry AR7 that is always in the BOB in the trunk of my car is that it isn't the new upgraded version.

The H001 is sweet and even better in 22 mag.

Don't EVER shoot the Henry 22 pump unless you are ready to purchase;they're just too much fun to be legal for an adult.Particularly one who is only in their second or third childhood.;)

I am in my 3rd childhood. I had my own, then again with my children and now with my grandchildren. I hope to own a Henry Lever someday soon. :D

1411 04-29-2013 04:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Have yet to shoot my big boy in 45lc. Sure is a pretty rifle though.

I really like the look of the skinner sights I installed as well.

chromelure 04-29-2013 05:43 PM

I bought one two months ago and just got it to the range last weekend. I'm so used to the 10/22 that I had to force myself to remember to cock the lever. I love shooting the Henry as much as the 10/22s and I have 4 of those. Is there any difference in the standard model and the Golden Boy model as far as action?

clr8ter 05-01-2013 11:07 AM

I definitely like the Henry's. They seem well-built. I don't own one, and have never shot one, but maybe someday. The only thing I don't really like, though, is that it loads through the mag tube. I prefer the ones that load through the side of the action.

forrest225 05-02-2013 02:13 AM

I have heard great things about those rifles. I would buy one of their big boys in a heartbeat if they offered it in blued steel with a side loading gate and aperture sight. The lack of loading gate is the main thing keeping me from getting one.