Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   legal .22lr supressor in Michigan (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/legal-22lr-supressor-michigan-55343/)

xXtacticalrimfireXx 01-12-2012 06:31 PM

legal .22lr supressor in Michigan

Buying a hunters arms .22lr supressor in Michigan ill post pics of it off and on my rifle once I recieve it

(remington scoremaster a.k.a "squirrelmaster")

msup752 01-12-2012 06:45 PM

I'm looking for a suppressor now that the AG we have in office can read. I was thinking of a YHM Mite but a 9mm one would get more use.
My problem is that I need to find a dealer in the greater Lansing area. I did find a manufacturer but not sure if he can do transfers. The shop only machines rifle and shotgun suppressors.

xXtacticalrimfireXx 01-12-2012 06:55 PM

Oic well you might have to find a retailer in the Detroit or saginaw area

(remington scoremaster a.k.a "squirrelmaster")

fupuk 01-13-2012 01:39 AM

Dont know if this helps but the gun shop around me in Grand Rapids deals with them. Silver Bullet Firearms is the shop i go to. You can also check out their website and email them.

msup752 01-14-2012 07:08 PM

Thanks for the info. Grand rapids is less than an hour from here. Plus I think I talked my wife into it. I'm just torn between a .22 and a p22 or a 9mm. It doesn't look like this shop has any in stock yet but that doesn't matter much as I will be waiting months for approval anyway.

JonM 01-14-2012 11:00 PM

if your getting a 22lr suppressor be sure it is easily serviceable by you. as few as 1000 rounds really starts to junk one up. centerfire suppressors will run for nearly 10,000 shots before it starts to degrade in performance.

the silencerco sparrow SS is in my opinion the best 22lr suppressor on the market. the outer sleeve is the registered part. its got two inner clamshell parts surrounding the monocore baffle. the shells and core can be cleaned using an ultrsonic cleaner.

do not run 22lr through a centerfire suppressor. centerfire versions are typically not user serviceable.

msup752 01-26-2012 09:37 PM

I just got back from the dealer. While they did have one Sparrow SS in stock, I picked a 9mm suppressor at the same price from AAC that will need to be ordered. If I end up liking suppressors, the Sparrow or a 300 Blk will be next on my list.

msup752 02-11-2012 11:03 AM

My AAC suppressor has arrived at the dealer. Now I have to fill out the paperwork and wait another 6 months. I hope it is worth it.

jmacken37 02-14-2012 05:43 AM

Remember that you only need one visit to your FFL/SOT to pick up the can when your form 4 is approved. I usually mail customers the copy of their form 4 with my portion filled out and let them submit it on their own. They only have to visit me to pick up their cans. It isn't like you have to do lots of trips.

If you're looking for a can that will cycle a .22LR pistol, check out the SWR spectre in addition to the sparrow. The downside for me on the sparrow is the first round pop (FRP). The design sure is nice. You can diminish the FRP with an ablative, but I like running cans dry.

If you'd like to go with a 9mm can for use on a rimfire and 9mm host, I'd recommend SWR's all stainless Octane HD. This can is one of the best on 9mm and is user servicable. You will likely have trouble cycling a rimfire pistol, though. Another option is one of the subgun 9mm cans made by the Bowers group. Tom Bowers is a super nice guy and stands behind his stuff. You can gunk it all up with rimfire crud and send it back to him. He'll clean it out and ship it back to you for a grand total of $20!

Jake (from Ypsi, MI)

msup752 02-15-2012 10:54 AM

The paperwork is all done. I just need to send it off. My sheriff was quick to sign it. I did have to run around to find someone with FBI fingerprint cards. Most agencies are using AFIS now for state fingerprints. My only concern is that the FBI cards are blank and some guides for filling out the forms said the ORI (originating agency identifier) had to be per filled out for the BATFE. Hope that doesn't cause an issue.
Plus I had to come up with a reason to own one and because they are cool and I'm a collector of all things gun related probably wouldn't work!