Laser rail for 10-22
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Laser rail for 10-22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2108 Times on 1156 Posts
Likes Given: 629

Default Laser rail for 10-22

After the thread on using a 10-22 for home defense, I looked for ways to install a laser rail. I used a Weaver base for an 870 Remington. I drilled and tapped the stock for 6x40. I used longer screws but I want longer ones with a backing nut inside the stock.

001.jpg   002.jpg  

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-07-2011, 09:23 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I prefer using threaded inserts in wood or plastic, but I don't see these in 6-40 at McMaster Carr. These are 6-32 thread, drill a 3/16" hole and press them in.

McMaster-Carr

Old 02-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #3
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I used what I had on hand. I plan on getting some longer screws and nutting them. Harbor Freight has a compression nut that is installed like a pop rivet. Also this made very small holes It is enough to hang a flash light or laser if anyone has a 10-22 and does not want to spend a lot of money.

Patron Member NRA
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:31 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've used the riv-nuts style inserts from Fastenal, Harbor Freight and a few other places. They're very handy when working with plastic and sheet metal. Some of them at Harbor Freight are aluminum and pretty soft, I've stripped several of those. If they're available in brass, steel or stainless you shouldn't have a problem.

I've got things like this laying around because I usually over buy for a project, I figure I can find a use for the extras at some point.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Today I saw a replacement barrel band that had Weaver rails on the side and bottom along with a sling stud on the other side. My fix was a lot cheaper but it was a very nice unit. Similar to this but nicer and more money
http://www.amazon.com/ProMag-PM185-Carbine-Tactical-Barrel/dp/B003BAAJVG

Patron Member NRA