Just ordered a S&W M&P 15-22 A1 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Just ordered a S&W M&P 15-22 A1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 04:55 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 5

Just ordered an extra mag, pistol grip for the front and a butt pad. Had to get the butt pad cause it looked neat when I saw one with it on it.
I love these decisions.
I have built a 10/22 to national match standards and it is too dang heavy to lug for rabbit. I was going to build another for rabbit hunting and found this...sooooooo much cheaper and should be a blast!!

Looking for Optics and will check the ones suggested here.
Thank you gang!! Look forward to giving you the range report. It was shipped yesterday with a 3 to 7 day delivery, that wiull put me in weekend after next to get to the range!!

"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." Patrick Henery ... "The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!" George Washington

Last edited by safedman; 01-05-2011 at 05:02 PM. Reason: added info

Old 01-06-2011, 02:13 AM   #12

My shooting buddy at work has one and I've shot it a number of times. It is a hoot and he hasn't had any problems in the couple of months he has had it.

Evil Conservative Hate-monger.

Calle

Old 01-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #13

Just did a 22 ammo count....over 6000 rounds. Got to go buy some more.

"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." Patrick Henery ... "The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!" George Washington

Old 01-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by safedman View Post
Anyone have any reports on this little shooter?

I got mine last fall, it's a great little plinker and survival rifle, not he most accurate that I own, but it wll keep within about three inches at a hundred yds., that good enough to take small game in a pinch.
It runs great, I've had no problems with it, it's easy to maintain, shoots pretty clean and it's light and easy to shoot.
For me, I like the AR-15 anyway, but they are expensive to shoot these days, so the AR-15-.22 gives me the range time with my AR without the high cost.

That's the good news.

The bad news is, I hate the magazines, they are too big and clumsy for what is needed, Smith could have made them the same size as the reg. 20 round AR mags. and still held the same number of rounds, and if they offered a 10 round mag. that was half the length it would be an excellet hunting size.

I don't like that the forend is not detachable, it makes cleaning the outside of the barrel damned near impossible.

I don't like the quality of the buttstock, now here I have to qualify my meaning, first off I live in MA. so the adjustible stock has been factory pinned and is not adjustable, but, the stock is is rather loose fitting on what would normally be the buffer tube and it rattles a bit, picky, Iknow, but that's just me.

Other than that It's a good little gun, a bit over priced, but buying a good .22RF conversion kit for my AR-15 would have been about three hundred bucks, and I'd have the trouble of having to swap parts depending on what I wanted to shoot, this way I have the excuse to buy another gun , and I have a good quality dedicated AR-.22 RF.
The sights are high quality and removeable, I have scoped mine with a 1.5 x 7 power tactical scope, and a Bushnell red-dot type sight that has four different redticals and 11 power settings for brightness, all re-zero very well on the guns tactical rail.

I paid $450.00 for mine and It's been well worth the money.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:20 AM   #15

Moe. M
Thanks for the post. I was actually thinking about the magazines already. I want this to rabbit hunting mostly and the magazine hanging down may be an issue. We will see. Pick it up this Friday....