Just found some .22 LR - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Just found some .22 LR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

It will be a cold day in hell before I pay $70+ for 22lr. I buy 22 to shoot cheap, at that price I'll just shoot 223.

I would make a mental note of anyone selling ammo at these unholy prices and make sure that they never saw another dime from me as long as I live.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
People Like This 
Old 06-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 38

I haven't seen a single box of .22 LR anywhere in 2013 except my local gun store. I did actually see a couple of boxes of .40 at Walmart a week ago...I don't own anything in .40 but someone else picked them up pretty quickly.

Old 06-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #33

Liked 2925 Times on 1740 Posts
Likes Given: 1957

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988 View Post
It will be a cold day in hell before I pay $70+ for 22lr. I buy 22 to shoot cheap, at that price I'll just shoot 223.

I would make a mental note of anyone selling ammo at these unholy prices and make sure that they never saw another dime from me as long as I live.
i'm with you. the more buyers who walk away from ludicrous prices, the less attractive it is for these buyers to scoop everything up and try to turn it around for huge profit.

patience will get us back to normal. i want ammo, but not bad enough to pay more than 20% over pre panic prices. increases of 50%, 100%, etc....will sit of the shelf forever as far as i'm concerned.

so i get what i get at reasonable prices in small amounts. i had to wait about 6 months to find 22 at a reasonable price in a quantity of more than 100 rounds. i'll wait another 6 months before i'll pay 10-20 cents a shot for bulk 22.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #34

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 24

I get up before 6am and belly up to the gun counter at the Walmart .8 miles from my house two or three times a week......I now have a few thousand rounds at reasonable prices.

If ya want it ya gotta go get it.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadamai View Post
I haven't seen a single box of .22 LR anywhere in 2013 except my local gun store. I did actually see a couple of boxes of .40 at Walmart a week ago...I don't own anything in .40 but someone else picked them up pretty quickly.
the limits at retail stores are really working effectively here. you can get almost anything regularly (except 22). of course, you can only get about 100 rounds at a time in most stores. and for the most sought after rounds (223, 9mm, etc), you have to get there before noon, and you will have better luck on a weekday if you can do that.

i might be in favor of limiting ammo at chain retail stores on a permanent basis. i think of course at greater quantities than they allow now, but i wouldn't be against a 3 box (or 2 case) limit on bulk, and a 5 box limit or so on others as a permanent situation. of course this is coming form the perspective of a shooter who prefers to buy a few hundred rounds to shoot...not stack up 10,000+ rounds in the closet i will never touch. anyone seeking HUGE bulk buys is not likely looking at wal-mart anyway.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan01 View Post
I get up before 6am and belly up to the gun counter at the Walmart .8 miles from my house two or three times a week......I now have a few thousand rounds at reasonable prices.

If ya want it ya gotta go get it.
good for you and you definitely earned what you got!

but many simply can't do this due to work, distance, or other valid reasons. i can only do this on the weekends, maybe once in awhile during the week, and have had limited luck with this method. however, i will keep trying as i refuse to overpay for ammo.

this is the reason i support the purchase limits, otherwise i would never stand a chance at any ammo at a retail store.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy
i might be in favor of limiting ammo at chain retail stores on a permanent basis. i think of course at greater quantities than they allow now, but i wouldn't be against a 3 box (or 2 case) limit on bulk, and a 5 box limit or so on others as a permanent situation. of course this is coming form the perspective of a shooter who prefers to buy a few hundred rounds to shoot...not stack up 10,000+ rounds in the closet i will never touch. anyone seeking HUGE bulk buys is not likely looking at wal-mart anyway.
I only support purchase limits if it is coming from the owner of the store, or if its a franchise such as Walmart, from the CEO. I would be pretty well against it if at any level the politicians started dictating how much we can buy.

Always have clean socks.

People Like This 
Old 06-29-2013, 04:38 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchramm View Post
I only support purchase limits if it is coming from the owner of the store, or if its a franchise such as Walmart, from the CEO. I would be pretty well against it if at any level the politicians started dictating how much we can buy.
completely agree!

and i don't want to stop anyone from purchasing a million rounds of ammo if they want, i just think wal mart or cabelas might not be the best place to do so. so imo, it makes sense for those stores to have a permanent (reasonable) limit on ammo sales, in order to give those who can't afford thousands of rounds in a single purchase a chance to get ammo and shoot. all MO.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #39

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 24

I have declining health and I am trying to shoot as much as possible.......I have several military clone 22s and several pistols.......I go to an indoor range that I have a membership with or I shoot at a 30 mile away outdoor range which I prefer.........I often shoot near 1000 rounds out doors and 500 or so in doors........I go through a lot of ammo.

Dan

Old 06-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan01 View Post
I have declining health and I am trying to shoot as much as possible.......I have several military clone 22s and several pistols.......I go to an indoor range that I have a membership with or I shoot at a 30 mile away outdoor range which I prefer.........I often shoot near 1000 rounds out doors and 500 or so in doors........I go through a lot of ammo.

Dan
lucky!

but seriously, i hope your health improves soon. i'm glad you have the opportunity to shoot so much! such a fun and challenging hobby! my life doesn't allow a lot of range time recently, so i am jealous!

sorry this ammo shortage makes your hobby difficult. we are all feeling your pain in this at least.