Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > iSSC mk22?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 326 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 2

To jump right to the point, Canada's gun laws suck more then smokers do. So I believe I've found the only Tacti-cool rifle that I can own for under a grand. It's the ISSC MK22, basically the poor mans SCAR.

It's not exactly the cheapest, but to me it looks like a bad little .22 that I can do some running and gunning with and not worry about breaking the bank. Right now I'm pretty sure that I want to pick it up and I'm thinking about calling a gun shop about three hours away from me to see if they accept major credit cards over the phone for layaway .

Before I do that I'm looking for a little bit of feed back on it. Everything looks pretty solid on it and at this point right now, I'm debating between black or Desert Tan. I'm loving that it come with a 25 round magazine and iron sights.

Please don't say "grab a 10/22 and put all the bells and whistles on it that you want to instead." I've already looked at one of them and I figure if I'm going to spend $600.oo-700.oo in total, including the rifle, to get it to where I want looks wise I might as well just spend that at once and not worry about it any more. If you guys know of any other .22s that aren't based directly on the AR, GSG, MP5 or basically a different rifle in a plastic shell, feel free to let me know.

Just a side note, I'm not meaning to be picky. It's just that was the Canadian rules, the rifles I named are either only allowed on a firing range or can't be legally owned by civvies......dumb as that is.

Last edited by kaido; 07-17-2013 at 08:54 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-17-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
Resident Lurker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 671 Times on 438 Posts
Likes Given: 1831

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
To jump right to the point, Canada's gun laws suck more then smokers do. So I believe I've found the only Tacti-cool rifle that I can own for under a grand. It's the ISSC MK22, basically the poor mans SCAR.

It's not exactly the cheapest, but to me it looks like a bad little .22 that I can do some running and gunning with and not worry about breaking the bank. Right now I'm pretty sure that I want to pick it up and I'm thinking about calling a gun shop about three hours away from me to see if they accept major credit cards over the phone for layaway .

Before I do that I'm looking for a little bit of feed back on it. Everything looks pretty solid on it and at this point right now, I'm debating between black or Desert Tan. I'm loving that it come with a 25 round magazine and iron sights.

Please don't say "grab a 10/22 and put all the bells and whistles on it that you want to instead." I've already looked at one of them and I figure if I'm going to spend $600.oo-700.oo in total, including the rifle, to get it to where I want looks wise I might as well just spend that at once and not worry about it any more. If you guys know of any other .22s that aren't based directly on the AR, GSG, MP5 or basically a different rifle in a plastic shell, feel free to let me know.

Just a side note, I'm not meaning to be picky. It's just that was the Canadian rules, the rifles I named are either only allowed on a firing range or can't be legally owned by civvies......dumb as that is.
How about the STG44, or does the 'GSG' thing cover all their guns?

http://www.americantactical.us/3108/detail.html

Here's a link and the best picture I could find

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR
_winer_ Likes This 
Old 07-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Hi,

I was going to suggest a Sig 522 but then searched a little and found this:

Quote:
The SIG SAUER model 522 was found to be a variant or modified version of a SIG, Model 550 rifle under the Regulations appended to The Criminal Code of Canada S.84 Part 1 Prohibited Firearms, Former Prohibited Weapons Order No 13 (para 83), The firearm of the design commonly know as the SG-550 rifle, and any variant or modified version of it.

The SIG SAUER, model 522, 22 LR calibre Rifle is a prohibited firearm.
Man, that is dumb. Are they also going to stop imports of scale model rc tanks and warplanes? What do have in common the Sig 550 and the 522 aside from looks?

As an alternative option you could consider the Umarex ARX 160 .22lr. IF it is imported at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988 View Post

Fine weapons... ghghgh

Old 07-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #4

Liked 326 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988

Haha that's a pretty cool picture. I'm not sure what the rulingis on the STG, I just assume most of the cool looking things are gonna be ruled out. Between me and the few friends I've got our motto is "if its bad a$$, move along." Seems anything we'd love to have up this way, we usually can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _winer_
Hi,

I was going to suggest a Sig 522 but then searched a little and found this:

Man, that is dumb. Are they also going to stop imports of scale model rc tanks and warplanes? What do have in common the Sig 550 and the 522 aside from looks?

As an alternative option you could consider the Umarex ARX 160 .22lr. IF it is imported at all...

Fine weapons... ghghgh

Right. Makes trying to find a cool rifle for plinking impossible, least for anything tactical looking anyways. I'm not sure about the ARX. Going by the name, I'm going to assume its a variant of the AR and is only going to be allowed at a shooting range.

I'll look into it though.