Issc mk22
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Issc mk22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Issc mk22

Hey there! New to this site but thought it'd be a good place to give my opinion on the ISSC MK22 rifle as I have just purchased one last week, and lets just say it's not a good review. So the first time I fired the rifle I had shot probably 150 rounds through it and had constant feed problems and it would constantly catch the empty casing as it tried to load another shell causing it to jam. So I called the place where I purchased the rifle and(everybody is going to jump my case) but he claimed it's cause I did not clean the rifle before shooting, well contrary to belief I've never cleaned a rifle before shooting and have never had problems. So I gave it an extensive cleaning and went out a couple days later(yesterday) and the gun couldn't fire flawlessly with out some kind of malfunction. Issc told me it's the ammo, so I tried different ammo and same problem. The main problem is that the feed ramps do NOT line up with the chamber and the magazine is a very horrible design! So after I gave up trying to break this rifle in I went to clean it and every single screw on the rifle and every part was loose, the rifle is a very poor design and I highly do NOT recommend the rifle to anybody looking to get a tactical .22, I just wanted it because .223 is just too damn expensive to shoot!
If anybody has this rifle please leave some replys.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-14-2011, 04:40 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Try shooting CCI mini mags or a better non-bulk ammo through it. Some 22lr's are just picky as hell about what they eat.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:51 PM   #3

I've been experiencing the same issue.

I field stripped my M-22 right out of the box (I always like to see how things are meant to work on a new gun). Cleaned it up, tightned all the screws, and lubed her up.

Range trip one:
200 of Winchester 40-grain Wildcat (lead)
200 rounds of bulk Winchester Western 36-grain (copper hollows)

Every mag resulted in *several* fail-to-eject, fail-to-feed issues each.

I purchased a pair of additional mags (to rule out a defect with the included factory mag). Cleaned, lubed, and went thru the weapon a second time to tightned everything down.

Range trip two:
300 rounds of CCI 40 grain Mini-Mag (copper coated)
200 of Winchester 40-grain Wildcat (lead)

I did actually get two mags of CCI to run thru without issue. The rest all resulted in *several* fail-to-eject, fail-to-feed issues each.

I want so badly for this gun to behave. It's a real hoot to shoot and I love everything else about it. Both trips to the range, every shooter on the line came over and told me that they like it (usually as I was clearing jammed shells out of it).

I'm sort of at a loss here. I don't know what to try next. I've cleaned it, I've oiled it, I've replaced the mags, and I've tried various ammo.

Last edited by Third; 08-21-2011 at 11:53 PM.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:17 AM   #4

I have an mk22 also. Mine would missfire every time I took it out to shoot it. I counted before 40 shots out of three mags missfired. Now the company is out of business and I'm stuck with a piece of crap.. I dropped it off at a gun smith 5 months ago n he can't figure it out either

Old 01-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #5
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2962 Times on 1708 Posts
Likes Given: 1272

There could be an issue with the ammo.

Also the chamber. European CIP dimensions and American ANSI are different (that is why Stingers have that warning on the CCI website.)

I have a .22lr semi-auto that call for high velociy ammo only. Federal standard .22lr round nose will not provide enough energy to function the slide (it's a pistol).

Could be the mag. New owners of some firearms load the mag incorrectly and spread the lips (leads to misalignment).

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 01-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Never owned one, but I've heard endless hurry stories.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:46 AM   #7

I have used 5 difpin ferent types of ammo.the firing spring sounds really weak

Old 01-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #8

Default Msr mk22

man this is dicouraging to read i just got one of these for my son for X-mas and have the same issues. Now i guess i know why they have no website or do not answer their phone. I bought it at Dunhams sports i am going to run it back there and see if they will do anything.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #9

I found the contact info

image-1643141659.jpg  

Old 01-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #10

They switched dealers in the USA so this is why I was having problems. The main website was www.issc.aus and they pointed me in the right direction