Im haveing trouble finding ammo - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Im haveing trouble finding ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 04:28 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I never see anything except Thunderbolts, Golden Bullets and Cyclones around my area. I have rarely seen subsonic Remington with the occasional box of Remington Eley (which I understand is the same as Eley Match Black EPS which I have never had any luck with). This may explain why my experience with Remington is different from some here but I have seen people who say Golden Bullets and Thunderbolt is good ammo. None of it has worked well in my rifles but I have never tried Remington Sub-sonic. Like I said, it's hard to find in my area and when I do see it I'm usually in a gun shop that has a good selection of ammo so I end up with different ammo.

I don't think some here realize just how terrible my experience with Remington rimfire ammo has been. It's been BY FAR the worst ammo I've ever shot in my life. I grew up shooting Remington ammo, which worked fairly well back then. But I shot Federal almost exclusively for over 20 years because it was very good for bulk priced ammo and my Marlin loved it. When I bought more Remington because of the ammo shortage I was shocked at how bad it was. They should never have sold me ammo like that because I tend to distrust everything they do at this point. Who knows when they might sell me more junk ammo like that.

BTW I've shot .339" groups at 90 yards with my Marlin 60 using CCI SV ammo.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:00 AM   #22

Wal mart has the most decent ammo for the decent price

Old 11-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #23

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Actually I find far better deals on ammo, especially rimfire, in gun shops than I do in Walmart. Walmart sells the same brands of ammo pretty much all the time in my area. They sell Federal and Winchester and CCI. They sell Winchester and Federal in bricks but not the CCI. The best prices I see on any bricks are around $19 per. I often find bricks of either Federal or CCI in gun shops for as little as $13 a brick. I've been buying a lot of CCI Blazer for $15 a brick lately. Federal has really gone downhill in the past year but CCI is as good as ever. I will probably go buy some today. I know of at least 2 shops that sell Blazer at those prices. And I've bought Winchester for $14 a brick in one of those stores. I'll probably be going to that store next week. I looked at this flyer for the one store and found Blazer for $16 a brick and Federal Champion for $17 a brick. That's quite a bit less than Walmart charges for the same Federal ammo and to be honest they have had it far cheaper in the last year. I just called the other store and found that they have Blazer for $15 a brick. Walmart never sells rimfire ammo that cheap. I can find better deals on just about every kind of ammo if I look hard enough.