Originally Posted by Jeff56
You're lucky they didn't have anyone working the counter. That stuff is terrible IMO. Some people like it though which is very strange.
I LOVE it! it's all I use (other than the CCI shorts). here's why
1) It cycles my 597 with no problem.
2) It doesn't have that sonic crack downrange and is a lot quieter, in my opinion.
3) The reduced velocity makes for more consistent accuracy at the ranges I use (25-50 yards.) I actually bought every type of .22 ammo I could find at Wal-Mart and tested it. (The Remington subsonics and CCI shorts were the best performers, but the shorts do not cycle the action).
4) While not as cheap as the 550 bulk pack, it's still cheap ($3.97 per 50 rounds, I think)
5) I do not experience the FTF problems I usually encounter with the bulk packs. I ASSume they have better quality control.
These are MY reasons, not knocking yours. That's the funny thing about .22's I've come to learn. They can be VERY picky about the ammo they want.
YOU might choose your .22, but your .22 will choose its ammo.