I Don't Even Know What To Say To This "Hunter"... - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > I Don't Even Know What To Say To This "Hunter"...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 01:33 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Hi Folks,

See, I don't even have a problem with baiting, if that's your thing. Not sure if the State of Indiana prohibits baiting squirrel or only deer.

Regardless, that's not the issue. The issue, for me, is that the person seems to take pleasure in making bad shots.

My first thought at seeing this was that he was a wannabe gang member who couldn't cut it in inner-city warfare so he was projecting those violent tendencies onto rodents.

This was before I saw he was black, white, purple, whatever -- it wasn't a race issue then, or now. I would have thought the same if he were dressed in an SS uniform playing "exterminate the Jews" with animals.

Looks more like a sick little boy's game than a hunting expedition.

Regards,

Josh

Is it better to live by a corrupt society's standards rather than face persecution for not doing the same? This is the dilemma we now face. We must hold fast to our convictions as we confront this dilemma. Knowing one's self goes a long way in the crisis. - Me

Old 11-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #62
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22027 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua M. Smith View Post
Hi Folks,

See, I don't even have a problem with baiting, if that's your thing. Not sure if the State of Indiana prohibits baiting squirrel or only deer.

Regardless, that's not the issue. The issue, for me, is that the person seems to take pleasure in making bad shots.

My first thought at seeing this was that he was a wannabe gang member who couldn't cut it in inner-city warfare so he was projecting those violent tendencies onto rodents.

This was before I saw he was black, white, purple, whatever -- it wasn't a race issue then, or now. I would have thought the same if he were dressed in an SS uniform playing "exterminate the Jews" with animals.

Looks more like a sick little boy's game than a hunting expedition.

Regards,

Josh
well said josh. if he's just a bad shot, then he needs to practice on paper, rather a living animal. real hunters practice on paper, and know when of if they should take a shot. this guy is no hunter by any means.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #63

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Waste

What a waste of good food. No reason to just shoot then and not eat them. This video should be removed from this site before some anti-gunner uses it to prove that hunters are all bad people.

The fellow is not even a good shoot. 40 yards is a chip shot with even a fair .22 rifle with open sites.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:15 AM   #64
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22027 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat990 View Post
What a waste of good food. No reason to just shoot then and not eat them. This video should be removed from this site before some anti-gunner uses it to prove that hunters are all bad people.

The fellow is not even a good shoot. 40 yards is a chip shot with even a fair .22 rifle with open sites.
i agree, some people call them tree rodents, but squirrel is pretty good eating.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #65

I’m new so if I offend anyone, please believe me it is not intentional. I think that we are mixing a lot in a pot and making big mess. First the term hunting and the method of how to hunt can differ depending on a host of things like where you live, local laws, and your economic status, and many other things. When I was a boy a gentleman by the name William Stanly taught me gun safety and how to rabbit hunt, dear hunt (field dress a deer), gig frogs, and hunt wild dogs because of the problem that they were causing (killing sheep, and chickens). I learned rabbit hunting with a 22lr, Deer hunting on foot with a 30-30, and wild dog killing, not really hunting because we waited for them to come, and they did.

Then when I moved to Virginia they hunted rabbits with shot guns, and used dogs for deer hunting. They also had hunt clubs that used several dogs to chase the deer into where the hunter was waiting. No rifles were used just shotguns with deer slugs. Of course when I challenged there method of hunting stating that it wasn’t really hunting when you had the dogs do all the work , you can imagine there reaction.

When I moved to south Texas, deer blind hunting and baiting with corn is the method around here. Though I have problems with this, my main concern is what is being done with the deer. The antlers are taken, the back strap and a few choice cuts of meat are taken and the rest is left. I have real problems with this hence I hunt very little anymore and only with someone who has the same concept of hunting as I do.

As far a hunting for food (we have grocery stores), I believe that most of us hunt because of the challenge and excitement of the hunt, not for food. However in most cases, I do eat what I kill and only hunt what I’ll eat. As with the case of the wild dogs, we did not eat them but burned them up.

Ok I’m rambling so let me get to the point. I think as a whole we are losing respect for the animal. If we kill only to show the mount on the wall or to say I killed it and lose respect for what the animal was, the skill and effort used to hunt it, the excitement of finally getting the shot, and the precision used to bring it down. Then we have lost the sport of what hunting at least in my mind really is.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:06 PM   #66
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7960 Times on 4779 Posts
Likes Given: 10220

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcmsse9 View Post
I’m new so if I offend anyone, please believe me it is not intentional. I think that we are mixing a lot in a pot and making big mess. First the term hunting and the method of how to hunt can differ depending on a host of things like where you live, local laws, and your economic status, and many other things. When I was a boy a gentleman by the name William Stanly taught me gun safety and how to rabbit hunt, dear hunt (field dress a deer), gig frogs, and hunt wild dogs because of the problem that they were causing (killing sheep, and chickens). I learned rabbit hunting with a 22lr, Deer hunting on foot with a 30-30, and wild dog killing, not really hunting because we waited for them to come, and they did.

Then when I moved to Virginia they hunted rabbits with shot guns, and used dogs for deer hunting. They also had hunt clubs that used several dogs to chase the deer into where the hunter was waiting. No rifles were used just shotguns with deer slugs. Of course when I challenged there method of hunting stating that it wasn’t really hunting when you had the dogs do all the work , you can imagine there reaction.

When I moved to south Texas, deer blind hunting and baiting with corn is the method around here. Though I have problems with this, my main concern is what is being done with the deer. The antlers are taken, the back strap and a few choice cuts of meat are taken and the rest is left. I have real problems with this hence I hunt very little anymore and only with someone who has the same concept of hunting as I do.

As far a hunting for food (we have grocery stores), I believe that most of us hunt because of the challenge and excitement of the hunt, not for food. However in most cases, I do eat what I kill and only hunt what I’ll eat. As with the case of the wild dogs, we did not eat them but burned them up.

Ok I’m rambling so let me get to the point. I think as a whole we are losing respect for the animal. If we kill only to show the mount on the wall or to say I killed it and lose respect for what the animal was, the skill and effort used to hunt it, the excitement of finally getting the shot, and the precision used to bring it down. Then we have lost the sport of what hunting at least in my mind really is.
You do not offend me at all. I think you make some very good points and I like the way you think.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #67

Liked 2607 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

"What makes an anti an anti?"

Stuff like this video.

WE are our own worst enemies.

If you're going to shoot

small game point blank, at

least put it out of it's misery,

for cryin' out loud.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:42 AM   #68

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

See I don't like this. Yeah you could say its pest control but you shouldn't let them suffer like they did. He is completely able to put another round down range to finish it instead of letting it die out. I feel like he is was just shooting them to kill something. It was clearly baited, he had them all up on a stand not even a hard shot to make. This is why people think bad of fire arms and the people who use them, it's sad that theres people out there like this =/

"It's not how big your stick is, it's how hard you swing it."

"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives.
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.
Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation take me home?"