I Don't Even Know What To Say To This "Hunter"...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > I Don't Even Know What To Say To This "Hunter"...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 08:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Default I Don't Even Know What To Say To This "Hunter"...

Sure, they're "only" squirrel... but still...

Thoughts?

Josh
Is it better to live by a corrupt society's standards rather than face persecution for not doing the same? This is the dilemma we now face. We must hold fast to our convictions as we confront this dilemma. Knowing one's self goes a long way in the crisis. - Me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Not a very sporting hunt and the guy could certainly learn to make an ethical kill but here in NC it would be legal. He's certianly not a hunter and gives real hunters everywhere a bad name.

I hate to see animals suffer, even if it is going to end up on my dinner plate.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 11-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7147 Times on 4303 Posts
Likes Given: 8684

I'm not even going to watch. I hate to see animals or people being tortured or in pain. I can see them dead, but not the process that got them there unless it is a clean kill. I think there might be something wrong with someone who is not bothered by inflicting pain on an innocent with no qualms.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #4

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yeah, agree that blatently baiting an animal to a kill isn't exactly sportsmanship.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:38 AM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Default killing animals to watch die

Why are those "people" baiting squirrels and killing them when they aren't going to eat them? Is it just to watch something die? Geez, what losers. These type of people don't deserve to even own or shoot a gun. Paul Coates

Old 11-03-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I'm not even going to watch. I hate to see animals or people being tortured or in pain. I can see them dead, but not the process that got them there unless it is a clean kill. I think there might be something wrong with someone who is not bothered by inflicting pain on an innocent with no qualms.
My exact sentiments, Winds. I'd rather shoot drug-dealers
if there was an open season on them. But squirrels? Hell no!

Old 11-03-2011, 01:25 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5690 Times on 2973 Posts
Likes Given: 378

That is someone who needs to be baited out with a 12pack of miller then "hunted".

Going after animals to eat them or because its a pest is one thing but just killing squirrels to kill makes no sense. Ive never understood why some people hate squirrels they dont do any damage to anything unless your an idiot that leaves holes in the roof for them to get into. Then its your fault not the squirrel

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-03-2011, 01:39 PM   #8
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1992 Times on 1080 Posts
Likes Given: 593

I am not siding with the shooter but do any of you have any idea what squirrels can do to an orchard? A lot of orchard owners will allow squirrel hunters in because of how much fruit they eat and other damage they cause.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 11-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
I am not siding with the shooter but do any of you have any idea what squirrels can do to an orchard? A lot of orchard owners will allow squirrel hunters in because of how much fruit they eat and other damage they cause.
Squirrels can cause a lot of damage, no doubt about it and if they are causing damage I have no problem with clearing them out. They can destroy crops as well as buildings just like mice or rats can.

The biggest issue I have with this guy is his lack of shooting abilty to make a clean kill. This guy needs to spend some time at range.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 11-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5690 Times on 2973 Posts
Likes Given: 378

Nothing wrong with cleaning them out of actual crop land. But squirrels will not hurt buildings if gutters are kept clean and holes kept repaired.

Shooting them because your lazy is wrong

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...