Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   I Don't Even Know What To Say To This "Hunter"... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/i-dont-even-know-what-say-hunter-51096/)

Joshua M. Smith 11-03-2011 09:32 AM

I Don't Even Know What To Say To This "Hunter"...

Sure, they're "only" squirrel... but still...

Thoughts?

Josh

spittinfire 11-03-2011 10:55 AM

Not a very sporting hunt and the guy could certainly learn to make an ethical kill but here in NC it would be legal. He's certianly not a hunter and gives real hunters everywhere a bad name.

I hate to see animals suffer, even if it is going to end up on my dinner plate.

winds-of-change 11-03-2011 11:49 AM

I'm not even going to watch. I hate to see animals or people being tortured or in pain. I can see them dead, but not the process that got them there unless it is a clean kill. I think there might be something wrong with someone who is not bothered by inflicting pain on an innocent with no qualms. :mad:

nfafan 11-03-2011 12:35 PM

Yeah, agree that blatently baiting an animal to a kill isn't exactly sportsmanship.

paul 11-03-2011 12:38 PM

killing animals to watch die

Why are those "people" baiting squirrels and killing them when they aren't going to eat them? Is it just to watch something die? Geez, what losers. These type of people don't deserve to even own or shoot a gun. Paul Coates

PanBaccha 11-03-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 618356)
I'm not even going to watch. I hate to see animals or people being tortured or in pain. I can see them dead, but not the process that got them there unless it is a clean kill. I think there might be something wrong with someone who is not bothered by inflicting pain on an innocent with no qualms. :mad:

My exact sentiments, Winds. I'd rather shoot drug-dealers
if there was an open season on them. But squirrels? Hell no!

JonM 11-03-2011 02:25 PM

That is someone who needs to be baited out with a 12pack of miller then "hunted".

Going after animals to eat them or because its a pest is one thing but just killing squirrels to kill makes no sense. Ive never understood why some people hate squirrels they dont do any damage to anything unless your an idiot that leaves holes in the roof for them to get into. Then its your fault not the squirrel

JTJ 11-03-2011 02:39 PM

I am not siding with the shooter but do any of you have any idea what squirrels can do to an orchard? A lot of orchard owners will allow squirrel hunters in because of how much fruit they eat and other damage they cause.

spittinfire 11-03-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ (Post 618434)
I am not siding with the shooter but do any of you have any idea what squirrels can do to an orchard? A lot of orchard owners will allow squirrel hunters in because of how much fruit they eat and other damage they cause.

Squirrels can cause a lot of damage, no doubt about it and if they are causing damage I have no problem with clearing them out. They can destroy crops as well as buildings just like mice or rats can.

The biggest issue I have with this guy is his lack of shooting abilty to make a clean kill. This guy needs to spend some time at range.

JonM 11-03-2011 03:13 PM

Nothing wrong with cleaning them out of actual crop land. But squirrels will not hurt buildings if gutters are kept clean and holes kept repaired.

Shooting them because your lazy is wrong