Hows about some rimfire fun shooting matches? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

Hows about some rimfire fun shooting matches?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I think there needs to be separate classes for different caliber/cartridge in rimfire. Also iron sight/scope separate classes.
That would mean a crazy amount of classes 3 per cartridge

22s 3
22l 3
22lr 3
17hmr 3
17hm2 3
5mm rem 3
22wrm 3

That would be 21 different classes and 21 different shoots for one person to keep track of. I am sorry That is just way to much. For now we will stick to to the format laid out. In the future I make break it in to 22lr and everything else.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:05 AM   #32

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Ammunition cannot cost more than $5 per box of 50 or $50 per box of 500 for 22lr. For 17hmr, 17hm2 ammunition cost should not be more than $14.50 per box of 50 or $145.00 for 500.
So, in my area, they are asking for at least $6.50 for CCI Mini-Mags now. I can't use Mini-Mags? That is just silly-putting a monetary limit on rimfire stuff, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-18-2009, 12:52 AM   #33

Liked 108 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 41

You're forgetting mini-mags come 100 to a box for 7$. That translates to 3.50 per 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
So, in my area, they are asking for at least $6.50 for CCI Mini-Mags now. I can't use Mini-Mags? That is just silly-putting a monetary limit on rimfire stuff, imo.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:54 AM   #34

I threw that in there to test the water. If they are asking outrageous prices for ammo then it looks like we will do away with it.

There is no reason to go and get upset. Nothing is set in stone YET. June 1 when I post it everything will then be set in stone. So just relax and have a beer skull.....

I also don't think it is far for one guy to be shooting $15 a box Eley Tenx ammo or or Other super high end match grade stuff.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:07 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
You're forgetting mini-mags come 100 to a box for 7$. That translates to 3.50 per 50.
Math is not my strong point, bear. Thanks anyways.

Quote:

Old 05-18-2009, 01:19 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I threw that in there to test the water. If they are asking outrageous prices for ammo then it looks like we will do away with it.

There is no reason to go and get upset. Nothing is set in stone YET. June 1 when I post it everything will then be set in stone. So just relax and have a beer skull.....

I also don't think it is far for one guy to be shooting $15 a box Eley Tenx ammo or or Other super high end match grade stuff.
1st of all, not getting upset. Just curious on the monetary limits on ammo when ammo is not priced the same everywhere. That is all.

2nd, I'm saying that if it matters so much to win or take advantage in a handshake rimfire contest, let them spend the stupid amounts of $ on ammo. Otherwise we'd better post receipts, pics, notorized targets, at least 3 signed witnesses...for fun is for fun. Jmho.

peace

Quote:

Old 05-18-2009, 02:13 AM   #37

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

How about set a type or brand of ammo. Say x brand and x weight for 22's and then x brand and weight for 17hmr, so forth and so on. Ill go buy it and then its all good.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:49 AM   #38

I agree with skull. Use what ever ammo you want. this is just for fun. If you are so hell bent to win nothing that you are going to cheat then you are totally missing the point of all of this.

This is all stuff I want hashed out before we start this. Because once it starts it is set. Only a few things will change month to month, like targets and scope power.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:51 AM   #39

June 2009 FTF Fun Shoot " UPDATE Tentative".

Stock class with scope will be shooting 10 rounds at 25 yards with scopes set to no more than 6x using THIS TARGET. You get 2 sighters on another target and 10 shots for record. Sighters can be fired both at the same time or one before and one during record fire. Maximum score is 100 with 10x. You may use any rest except a machine rest. No makeup shots allowed. For a shot to have a score, it must be totally within the section without touching or cutting a line. Post your scores and photos as shown below. You can shoot as many targets as you want but only one will be allowed for record fire submission. ANY Rimfire caliber is allowed, 22s, l, lr, 22 WMR, 5mm rem, 17hm2, 17hmr.

Stock class Open sight 10 rounds at 25 yards at THIS TARGET. You get 2 sighters on another target and 10 shots for record. Sighters can be fired both at the same time or one before and one during record fire. You may use any rest except a machine rest. No makeup shots allowed. For a shot to have a score, it must be totally within the section without touching or cutting a line. Post your scores and photos as shown below. You can shoot as many targets as you want but only one will be allowed for record fire submission. ANY Rimfire caliber is allowed, 22s, l, lr 22 WMR, 5mm rem, 17hm2, 17hmr.

Modified & Open class will be shooting 20 rounds at 50 yards with scopes set any power using THIS TARGET. You get 2 sighters on another target and 20 shots for record. Sighters can be fired before or during. Scoring is 10 for anything touching the center black 5 in the white and 0 for anything out of the circle, Maximum score is 200. You may use any rest except a machine rest. No makeup shots allowed. Post your scores and photos as shown below. You can shoot as many targets as you want but only one will be allowed for record fire submission. ANY Rimfire caliber is allowed, 22s, l, lr 22 WMR, 5mmrem, 17hm2, 17hmr.

FTF Name, _______________First name_________
Score ____________Class____________
Rifle____________ Scope___________ Irons________
Ammo_____________ Rest____________
Conditions_______________

<Pictures Goes Here>

Old 05-18-2009, 03:49 AM   #40

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Capt.
Thanks for all the work on this, sounds like fun. Even though I know I have no chance at this I still want to play.

Jo