How much for 500rds of 22lr?? - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > How much for 500rds of 22lr??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2013, 05:39 AM   #71
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3288 Times on 2236 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67
Regarding Code3Tactical Supply - I had two ammo orders outstanding for many months - they never charged my card. I happened to be up in Madison and stopped by their store. Legit business, nice guy in there (not the owner), and happily cancelled both of my ammo orders. They just don't have the buying power to get the ammo in stock. Needless to say he agreed that they've had some bad press since their website doesn't show stock or back order. He did point me to the back room to show me what little ammo they did receive in a shipment that afternoon that was going out for customer orders. He wouldn't sell me any of it as they were trying to get what backorders they could filled.
Thanks for the update.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-17-2013, 06:48 AM   #72

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

A lot of people miss out on ammo because of all the different ways that the stores store their ammo. Best example if Academy Sports. All of their ammo is on shelves in the hunting section. EXCEPT, for their pistol and .22 ammo. They've been keeping it all up at customer service. It's actually a pretty good thing. I allows them to police their daily rations/limits that folks can buy.

Here in the Tulsa Oklahoma area we have a chain of farm supply stores called Atwoods. They only ammo the carry is .22. Several different brands several sizes of boxes/bricks/buckets to choose from. They were the last place around here to get wiped out on the .22 ammo because nobody ever knew that they carry it. I grabbed 8 bricks at $15-$17 depending on the brand. But this back in January or February. I usually never grab that much at one time but my brothers have kids that shoot and I have three sons that love to shoot too. When we all get together for a shooting session we burn thru at least two bricks. But since it's too hard to replenish my ammo so we quit shooting as much. Sorta like ammo rationing.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:56 AM   #73
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1094 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Farm store trick has not worked for me, they are always out of all ammo.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #74

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Cabelas had 525ct Remmy Golden Bullets, 23.99 this am. BPS had 1000 rd Wincester m22 for $52ish dollars last week, bought 2 boxes. They also had 555 ct Wincesters for $30ish.

Old 08-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #75
jtd

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

cabelas 23.99 plus shipping right now

Last edited by jtd; 08-18-2013 at 01:56 PM. Reason: price change

Old 08-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #76

Im ordering some from another Online retailer who has a good stock of 22 bricks.....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-21-2013, 04:07 AM   #77

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Sad... truly sad! I went to the "Texas Gun Show" this last weekend in San Antonio, and a Vendor was selling Win 555 .22LR for $85 a Box, and Win 525 .22LR for $75 a Box. He saw me looking at the Ammo and smiling, and asked if I was interested. I told him I wasn't "SMILING"... I was "LAUGHING"... then I walked away...

Cheers!

BB

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"
orangello Likes This 
Old 08-21-2013, 04:50 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard1718
Sad... truly sad! I went to the "Texas Gun Show" this last weekend in San Antonio, and a Vendor was selling Win 555 .22LR for $85 a Box, and Win 525 .22LR for $75 a Box. He saw me looking at the Ammo and smiling, and asked if I was interested. I told him I wasn't "SMILING"... I was "LAUGHING"... then I walked away...

Cheers!

BB
Yeah,..and whats Even Sadder? The Dealers STILL Think in 3 months people are Going to PAY(still) the SAME Prices!