Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Hoppe's Bore Snakes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 02:23 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default Boresnake

I am going to side with the man from TX. My wife has a Ruger MKIII. Nice pistol, but you need to be a multihanded contortionist to strip it down in order to feed a cleaning rod in from the breech. With RemOil and a Bore snake I can take care of 99% plus of the cleaning needed without a problem. However, for my Sig Mosquito I can strip the slide in a matter od seconds and thus prefer a rod and brush for this one.

My sense is that it is better to do a quick cleaning when time is short rather than put it off. Thus is where the Bore snake pays off. Also, as pointed out, it is a good way to get moisture out of the barrel.

One thing to consider is to keep the tubing (and even the pull cord) from twinsting or knotting up as you pull it through.

Remember - there are no perfect solutions. Find the best system for you and stick to it.