Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > High Standard Sport King w/Tournament barrel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default High Standard Sport King w/Tournament barrel

I know, it looks stupid. But here is the deal. It is a 1975 Hamden produced model with the typical 4.5 inch barrel. I bought it in an estate sale back in November or so, and it came with 3 (not original) magazines and a 6 inch Tournament Model barrel as well. I purchased three more magazines from Brownell's and another site recommended by a RFC friend. None of these magazines would function with all the tweaking and measuring, etc.

But the magazines, all six of them function nearly perfectly when the Tournament barrel is in place. The sport king barrel must seat about 0.001 inches lower in the frame, because all the magazines feed the round high into the top of the chamber and of course, malfucntion.

I have rounded up another front sight for the tournament barrel and filed it down and reduced it's width to shoot with the windage adjustable rear sight.

What I really need is either an adjustable rear sight which will fit the Sport King's rear dove tail, or a taller fixed rear sight that I can use with the tournament barrel front sight that came on the barrel.

And, lastly, is it worth the trouble to find out why the sport king barrel sits too low, or just sell it after I get the tournament barrel set up. I really like the tournament barrel on the range, and the original barrel is useless until I find out how to remedy the "feed high" problem.

Thanks for reading and any advice offered.
Tigerbeetle

Hunters & Anglers: The first environmentalists are still the best!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here