And here's why the .22 ammo is MIA... - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > And here's why the .22 ammo is MIA...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 12:30 AM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSBBZM View Post
Just picked up 2 boxes of Federal "Value Pack" for $25 a box at Gander Mountain!
Location; Bowling Green, KY
They limit you, Two boxes max....

Small world-My brother lives in Bowling Green!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 04-10-2014, 04:43 PM   #62

Liked 36 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineshooter View Post
And they are willing to part with 50 cartridges for $25 on their website. So nice of them...

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=FEDERAL-ULTRA-MATCH-22-LR-40GR&i=420345
Regular price on that is about $16 - $20. It is made by RWS in Germany and is very similar to R50. It is specialty ammo for benchrest competition and very high level 3 position competition. Think .15 inch groups at 50 yards. It is designed for use in heavy barreled single shot bolt rifles with tight chambers.

Anyone who buys this for shooting tin cans is a moron.

Last edited by mboylan; 04-10-2014 at 05:03 PM.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:01 PM   #63
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2159 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 804

I have been guilty of over paying for ammo. Once I paid $40 for a box of winchester 7.62x54r. But I had money to burn and I wanted to shoot that day. If I had no 22 lr ammo I would pay a scalpers price. But I wouldn't go back to that business again. In the past 20+ years I have bought one box of 9mm HP ammo from the shop that charged me $40 for the 7.62x54r ammo. My gunsmith calls them pirate perry's gun shop.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Old 04-16-2014, 09:18 PM   #64
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default And here's why the .22 ammo is MIA...

Yeah,..we have one of those here too(it almost sounds like you live near me, the other "1# Gunshop in town's" owner is the same first name),..infact,..we have two of them now(Gougers). The Newest Pawn place charges $30 for 100 Mini-Mags,..then he wonders why they don't sell.
Thx GD I Bought PLENTY of CF Ammo 2 Years ago before it got really Bad, and kept buying when I found it less expensive...Our Wally is again Selling "Cans" of CF ammo but at stupid Prices(for Re-Manufactured). I can get 250 Remington UMC's for $69( I have already bought 3 at that Price) with my Club Card at Big 5, which is where i'm buying most of my ammo these days anyway when I need it!

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 04-16-2014 at 09:23 PM.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:31 PM   #65

Liked 166 Times on 98 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I have not paid over the odds, I just didn't shoot any 22. I did recently see that one of the local ranges has it for about $25 for a 500 round brick. I don't think that is bad to be honest, still a couple of dollars more than before the panic but not outrageous.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:47 PM   #66
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

$25-$30 a brick of 500 is still decent. I got a few folks in our MAG(now Up to 22 People!!) to go in with me on 4-500 Rd. "Bricks" of Federal Champion from my Pawn/Gun Guy here in town(the one that Doesn't rip off folks). Of course with so many of us Involved, i'm only going to see 250 rds. of that, but There are folks with None or little, and I have about 3150 now after my last trip to the Gun Show and a shoot this past Saturday. It's the most reliable ammo he can get at an affordable price, and because he's able to put that extra 4 pcs. in his order his price goes down on the rest of his order(buying 15 this time instead of 10 he usually gets every several weeks). He was also able to order me the Federal Auto Match for $23 a Brick(my Price) so we have 2 more coming, and will save the Gold Medal Match for our Rimfire comps! we're entering a "Rimfire Steel Challenge" Up nr. Flagstaff in Late May,..so we will be going out at least 2 hrs. a week up until then. Hopefully we can get into the NRA/Ruger Rimfire shoot at Ben Avery Next Year Or Possibly later this year(they hold One in the fall and one in spring)...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...