Henry Lever Aftermarket Sights

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Henry Lever Aftermarket Sights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 03:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts

I bought a basic Henry (H001) lever action 22 rifle a year or so ago and for the most part I am very happy with this rifle. The sights, however, I can not get used to.

A little back story... I had a problem with this rifle when I first bought it. The sights were off by 24" at 50 yards. The point of impact was high with the buckhorns sitting flat on the barrel.

Henry sent me out a new front sight post and band for a 22 magnum rifle. It was taller than the post on my rifle. Somewhat fixed the problem but not really entirely.

I would like to upgrade both front and rear sights. I would really like to be able to set my sights to shoot where I want them to rather than using Kentucky windage on every shot.

Hiviz makes a front sight and Skinner makes a dovetail peep. Will they line up? I have also seen some mods and rigs online but I was hoping there would be something out on the market by now. Any advice?

Last edited by LandMonster; 09-29-2013 at 03:33 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1574 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 540

I would have sent the rifle back to henry on day one. If it won't shoot right with the stock sights what makes you think an aftermarket sight is going to fix the rifle?

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 10-02-2013, 01:11 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 254 Times on 145 Posts
Likes Given: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandMonster View Post
I bought a basic Henry (H001) lever action 22 rifle a year or so ago and for the most part I am very happy with this rifle. The sights, however, I can not get used to.

A little back story... I had a problem with this rifle when I first bought it. The sights were off by 24" at 50 yards. The point of impact was high with the buckhorns sitting flat on the barrel.

Henry sent me out a new front sight post and band for a 22 magnum rifle. It was taller than the post on my rifle. Somewhat fixed the problem but not really entirely.

I would like to upgrade both front and rear sights. I would really like to be able to set my sights to shoot where I want them to rather than using Kentucky windage on every shot.

Hiviz makes a front sight and Skinner makes a dovetail peep. Will they line up? I have also seen some mods and rigs online but I was hoping there would be something out on the market by now. Any advice?
I'm having the exact same problem with mine as well. I am considering throwing a scope on it, even though I would much prefer to use iron sights, as this is my sons 1st rifle and I want him to be able to learn to shoot with iron sights first.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #4

Liked 108 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 135

Can someone post a link to the HI VIZ front sight for the Henry H 001?

Nevermind I got it, but guess where I drilled and tapped the sling swivel stud hole. Right where the pinch bolt goes.....Crap.

Last edited by p35bhp55; 10-02-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:33 AM   #5

Liked 2843 Times on 1683 Posts
Likes Given: 1869

have you ever considered skinner sights?

TOP NOTCH IMO!

http://www.skinnersights.com/henry_rifles_18.html

EDIT: read post a bit better...sorry.....but i think they have a receiver peep sight now....

Old 10-03-2013, 03:18 AM   #6

Liked 108 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
have you ever considered skinner sights?

TOP NOTCH IMO!

http://www.skinnersights.com/henry_rifles_18.html

EDIT: read post a bit better...sorry.....but i think they have a receiver peep sight now....
At the bottom they offer to dovetail a metal Henry one piece. Then a fella could mount Firesites, my personal favorite. Plus I could drill and tap for my stud at the bottom...