Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Henry Lever action jamming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 93 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belltactical View Post
Yeah, mine too. Like I said in an earlier post, I tried to duplicate the problem but it just kept feeding them into the chamber. I couldn't induce a failure no matter what I did, even short stroking a bit, it picked up the next round when I full stroked it. Gun gremlins.
Out of curiosity, try a slow stroke and see happens, like when you are examining the chamber to see if there are any more rounds in it. Mine problem was definitely not due to short stroking the action. Maybe my problem was expecting it to behave like some of my friends Henrys.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #42

Default Henry customer service cannot be equaled!

Henry paid for the return (Next Day Air UPS label). It left me on Friday, 2/3 2 pm. It came back to me today, 2/8, at 11:30 am. They replaced the lever-carrier to address the jamming problem I had.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by redscho View Post
Henry paid for the return (Next Day Air UPS label). It left me on Friday, 2/3 2 pm. It came back to me today, 2/8, at 11:30 am. They replaced the lever-carrier to address the jamming problem I had. Propblem not fixed, returned on 2/13.
It was determined the returned rifle had a bad receiver. They sent new Henry, received 2/15 and this one works fine. No jamming.

Henry customer service is unequalled anywhere in the gun industry as evidenced by the service I received.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:33 AM   #44

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Found this thread when working on a young friend's H001. It was doing exactly the same thing, and could not be cycled slow at all. He had put several bricks through it before it happened. I don't even know the correct terminology, so bear with me. The raising arm that pivots off a pin and goes inside the ramp was ground at an angle. That surface contacts the inside of the ramp and acts as a stop mechanism. Because it was ground or fit at an angle, it was making contact on an edge rather than a flat-to-flat surface. Where that edge meets the ramp, the ramp area is only 1/8" or so, and it was slightly rounded to boot. The ramp contact surface was worn enough to allow the lifter lever raising arm to travel too far, pushing the cartridge up enough so when the cartridge leaves the ramp lips it is tilted up, just like in the OP's picture. Building that worn surface up and polishing the lever flatter fixed things right up.