Henry Lever action jamming - Page 4

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Henry Lever action jamming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

My Henry Mare's Leg does it. I'd like to know what the fix was, so I could apply it to mine. But otherwise I'm not going to pursue it with Henry. It's just a fun gun, not used for anything critical. And it doesn't happen in normal use. So I'll just live with it. Unless, like I said, I can find out what it took to fix it and do it myself.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #32

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I just got off the phone with Anthony at Henry. He said that these are no known qc issues and that it's typically a user induced problem with essentially people short stroking the lever (pull down half way, back up, pull down all the way, jam on the upstroke). He asked me to post that they will be happy to send a pre-paid ups mailing label to anyone who feels there is a real problem that needs addressing and they will take care of it. He insists it's not a qc issue on their end. Hope this helps. Henry can be reached at tel:201-858-4400.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 233 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 499

My henery lever .22 is a fantastice rifle, but if you do half stroke it it will jam, just dont half stoke it.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 02-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #34

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yeah, mine too. Like I said in an earlier post, I tried to duplicate the problem but it just kept feeding them into the chamber. I couldn't induce a failure no matter what I did, even short stroking a bit, it picked up the next round when I full stroked it. Gun gremlins.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #35

Liked 94 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belltactical View Post
Yeah, mine too. Like I said in an earlier post, I tried to duplicate the problem but it just kept feeding them into the chamber. I couldn't induce a failure no matter what I did, even short stroking a bit, it picked up the next round when I full stroked it. Gun gremlins.
If your Henry is a few years old it probably won't have a problem. My friends is in the 155XXXH range. The problem (verified by a Henry dealer just this week end) is with newer production. The ones I have been sent, S/N 544XXXH and 536XXXH, have the problem, not from half stroking the action but working it a bit slower than normal, like when you have it in a shooting vice for sighting in.

Talked with Henry factory as set up by my local Henry dealer and they want mine back again to see if they can fix the problem.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belltactical View Post
How old is your Henry?

Old 02-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin201 View Post
My Henry Mare's Leg does it. I'd like to know what the fix was, so I could apply it to mine. But otherwise I'm not going to pursue it with Henry. It's just a fun gun, not used for anything critical. And it doesn't happen in normal use. So I'll just live with it. Unless, like I said, I can find out what it took to fix it and do it myself.
Paladin201,

How old is your Henry? Fairly recent production?

Old 02-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #38

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Got it for Christmas. Has about 600 rounds through it so far.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:55 AM   #39

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I've had my Mare's Leg for 3-4 months, but that doesn't mean much. There's no telling how long a gun sat in a warehouse, or in a dealer's inventory before I bought. There are no indications of manufacture date on the gun or the box it came in. All I can go by is the serial number, and I haven't found any place that gives serial number ranges for Henry guns.

Old 02-02-2012, 02:05 AM   #40

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Give Henry a call - sometimes Anthony answers the phone himself. It's a much smaller operation than you think. Anthony is a no-bull**** guy, really cared about the issues I was having (unrelated to this) with Henry. They can give you the full pedigree on the gun from the day it came of the bench with the S/N. He will almost definitely offer to send you a pre-paid UPS and ask you to send it back for them to look and and repair as needed.