Henry Golden Boy 22 Mag

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Henry Golden Boy 22 Mag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Henry Golden Boy 22 Mag

HI all,
Got one for Christmas and love it. I'm interested in anyone's experience with the"new". Henry's, especially in 22 mag. I got the one with the octagonal barrel. Overall fit and finish is fantastic and it absolutely shoots where you point it. Using Win 30g vmax. Any input appreciated. Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-21-2012, 12:19 AM   #2

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belltactical
HI all,
Got one for Christmas and love it. I'm interested in anyone's experience with the"new". Henry's, especially in 22 mag. I got the one with the octagonal barrel. Overall fit and finish is fantastic and it absolutely shoots where you point it. Using Win 30g vmax. Any input appreciated. Thanks.
Have one in 45 Colt. Beautiful rifle. Smoother action than my Marlin 30A.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:19 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have a Henry .22 magnum pump (H003TM) with octagon barrel.
It is deadly accurate with 40gr CCI Maxi-mags.

Certified in napping
Certified in BBQ on the Green Egg

Old 01-21-2012, 01:07 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks for the replies. Looks like they have their act together. I took it apart expecting to polish up tool arks, etc. and it was really flawless. I heard they invested heavily in new CNC equipment and I think they own part of their supply chain so they are putting a quality product out the door. I'm seriously considering the 30-30 for hunting. Damn nice gun.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #5

Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts

I got the Henry Golden Boy in .22 LR for Christmas from my wife. It has a smooth action (better than my Marlin 39A) it feels awesome "right weight, feels great at the shoulder, and accurate as they come.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yeah, it was a pleasant surprise. They are putting out a quality firearm, not just the fabulous finish - the brass (actually an alloy they use) and the stock finish was suburb. The real treat was seeing it shot, from a lead sled it was as accurate as I could ask for. I even called the president of the company to comment on how nice the whole build is. The sights take some getting used to but once you've dialed it in and have gotten used to the sights, it puts them right where you aim. Great firearm. No bs guarantee - if it's not right, no matter how minor, they will fix or replace. I've really never spent much time with the 22 mag but this is becoming my favorite pinker by far. It's a gorgeous piece of work and a great shooter. Can't say enough good things. You can take it apart easily but you won't find much inside that needs attention. +10 if you're on the shelf. Bit of a pain to clean from the breech but worth the effort.

Last edited by Belltactical; 01-23-2012 at 06:21 PM.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:07 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I have the .22lr model with the Octagon barrel, and it has been flawless. They make a fine rifle, especially for the price, and the customer service is top notch. American craftsmanship, value, and price isn't dead yet.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:06 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Has anyone had a problem with slippage when shouldering this firearm. Seems that he brass but stock plate keeps wanting to walk all over the place and I just can't see putting something rubber on a gorgeous rifle like this.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:03 AM   #9

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belltactical
Has anyone had a problem with slippage when shouldering this firearm. Seems that he brass but stock plate keeps wanting to walk all over the place and I just can't see putting something rubber on a gorgeous rifle like this.
I put the bottom "corner" of the buttstock against my shoulder. I don't put the buttplate flush, so no.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:40 AM   #10

I have three and no bad words here. Very good guns.