Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Henry Golden Boy 22 Mag (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/henry-golden-boy-22-mag-55943/)

Belltactical 01-20-2012 10:47 PM

Henry Golden Boy 22 Mag

HI all,
Got one for Christmas and love it. I'm interested in anyone's experience with the"new". Henry's, especially in 22 mag. I got the one with the octagonal barrel. Overall fit and finish is fantastic and it absolutely shoots where you point it. Using Win 30g vmax. Any input appreciated. Thanks.

Chandler51 01-20-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belltactical
HI all,
Got one for Christmas and love it. I'm interested in anyone's experience with the"new". Henry's, especially in 22 mag. I got the one with the octagonal barrel. Overall fit and finish is fantastic and it absolutely shoots where you point it. Using Win 30g vmax. Any input appreciated. Thanks.

Have one in 45 Colt. Beautiful rifle. Smoother action than my Marlin 30A.

trex1310 01-20-2012 11:19 PM

I have a Henry .22 magnum pump (H003TM) with octagon barrel.
It is deadly accurate with 40gr CCI Maxi-mags.

Belltactical 01-21-2012 12:07 AM

Thanks for the replies. Looks like they have their act together. I took it apart expecting to polish up tool arks, etc. and it was really flawless. I heard they invested heavily in new CNC equipment and I think they own part of their supply chain so they are putting a quality product out the door. I'm seriously considering the 30-30 for hunting. Damn nice gun.

tjacobson 01-22-2012 11:44 AM

I got the Henry Golden Boy in .22 LR for Christmas from my wife. It has a smooth action (better than my Marlin 39A) it feels awesome "right weight, feels great at the shoulder, and accurate as they come.

Belltactical 01-23-2012 05:19 PM

Yeah, it was a pleasant surprise. They are putting out a quality firearm, not just the fabulous finish - the brass (actually an alloy they use) and the stock finish was suburb. The real treat was seeing it shot, from a lead sled it was as accurate as I could ask for. I even called the president of the company to comment on how nice the whole build is. The sights take some getting used to but once you've dialed it in and have gotten used to the sights, it puts them right where you aim. Great firearm. No bs guarantee - if it's not right, no matter how minor, they will fix or replace. I've really never spent much time with the 22 mag but this is becoming my favorite pinker by far. It's a gorgeous piece of work and a great shooter. Can't say enough good things. You can take it apart easily but you won't find much inside that needs attention. +10 if you're on the shelf. Bit of a pain to clean from the breech but worth the effort.

BlackWidow 01-23-2012 11:07 PM

I have the .22lr model with the Octagon barrel, and it has been flawless. They make a fine rifle, especially for the price, and the customer service is top notch. American craftsmanship, value, and price isn't dead yet.

Belltactical 01-27-2012 12:06 AM

Has anyone had a problem with slippage when shouldering this firearm. Seems that he brass but stock plate keeps wanting to walk all over the place and I just can't see putting something rubber on a gorgeous rifle like this.

Chandler51 01-27-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belltactical
Has anyone had a problem with slippage when shouldering this firearm. Seems that he brass but stock plate keeps wanting to walk all over the place and I just can't see putting something rubber on a gorgeous rifle like this.

I put the bottom "corner" of the buttstock against my shoulder. I don't put the buttplate flush, so no.

chewchew 01-27-2012 01:40 AM

I have three and no bad words here. Very good guns.