henry 22 lever - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

henry 22 lever

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 12:53 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunting freak
Im sorry yall but henry is a joke a real 22 iever is a marlin or winchester.
Ok everyone here knows I am a remington fanboy. I am not a big fan of marlin rimfires but that is beside the point.

1st Winchester went out of business
2nd. If I am correct the Henery rifles was made before the winchester and winchester copied it in their 1886 lever gun I believe. I am not positive on that fact. Every henry golden boy has had nice fit and finish nice wood and was built storng. That can not be said for Marlin with their cheap disgusting looking stocks with press checkering. Fit and finish on many even the famed 39a can at times be less that what is acceptable in my book.

While the 1894 win will be an american Icon for thousands of years reviling the 1911. To call a henry rifle that was one of the first hi cap military assault rifles is you want to say that is just one way you showed your true stupidity and lack of your ability to read.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Ok everyone here knows I am a remington fanboy. I am not a big fan of marlin rimfires but that is beside the point.

1st Winchester went out of business
2nd. If I am correct the Henery rifles was made before the winchester and winchester copied it in their 1886 lever gun I believe. I am not positive on that fact. Every henry golden boy has had nice fit and finish nice wood and was built storng. That can not be said for Marlin with their cheap disgusting looking stocks with press checkering. Fit and finish on many even the famed 39a can at times be less that what is acceptable in my book.

While the 1894 win will be an american Icon for thousands of years reviling the 1911. To call a henry rifle that was one of the first hi cap military assault rifles is you want to say that is just one way you showed your true stupidity and lack of your ability to read.
Easy tango my friend. You had to be blowing spit on the screen. BUT: I agree totally. Henry was around before Winchester. They are dang fine little guns. Marlin quality, fit and finish have sank to an all time low. Winchester 9422 Gone. I love the old Remington 5 teens also as you know. In my opinion this is just a post of total ignorance. A waste of time.

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:16 PM   #23

Default Henry Service is top notch

I bought a Henry H001 last fall just because it had such beautiful wood in the stock and forearm. I had been reading a lot of forum threads on rimfirecentral and elsewhere about what great little rifles they are. I am here to tell you I whole heartedly agree.

And they are good shooters. This was at 75 feet on an indoor range.
Henry will send you a new rifle if you think something is wrong with yours. There service, should it be needed, puts everyone else to shame. I have a lot of other weapons I like, and shoot, but that inexpensive Henry is right in the thick of things getting range and field time. DF

Old 07-03-2009, 02:00 AM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yep , Henry was made and used in the un civil war , long before the Winchester lever guns .

Old 07-18-2009, 02:43 AM   #25

Default update on my golden boy

sent back to henry on their dime got it back in about two weeks looks like new
said put on new barrel and but stock and test fired ok
took to the range thet evening and it is a bit high @ 50 yrds but i can fine tune up and down
they made a happy customer out of me
thanks for listening
Will

Old 07-24-2009, 03:42 AM   #26

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I bought a Henry Model 01 lever-action .22 a couple of years ago. When I brought it home I found that the rear sight was badly canted. I sent it back to the factory and they took care of it for free. Its a good rifle, accurate, reliable and easy to handle. Who knows, a Marlin or a Winchester might be a better gun, but they are so much more expensive. Marlins and Winchesters might be better in the "fit and finish" department, but that hardly makes the Henry a joke.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:24 PM   #27

Liked 86 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 31

The Henry rifles are fine rifles no doubt. I have a Golden Boy and it's one I won't part with but the Henry Arms Co. of today has nothing to do with the original Henry Arms Co. Their advertising is misleading to say the least. The present day Henry Arms was founded and is owned by Anthony Imperato which is Lou Imperatos son. Lou Imperato was the owner of Colt Black Powder Firearms, makers of the third generation Colt C&B signature series.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #28

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
The Henry rifles are fine rifles no doubt. I have a Golden Boy and it's one I won't part with but the Henry Arms Co. of today has nothing to do with the original Henry Arms Co. Their advertising is misleading to say the least. The present day Henry Arms was founded and is owned by Anthony Imperato which is Lou Imperatos son. Lou Imperato was the owner of Colt Black Powder Firearms, makers of the third generation Colt C&B signature series.
Yeah, I guess knowing that Oliver Winchester is still running a lathe in New Haven is comforting...how is John Marlin by the way? Haven't seen him in a while....
The accuracy and workmanship on my Henry is at least equal to Marlin or Winchester - the walnut stock is the nicest stock I have seen on ANY production rifle, not the cheap walnut-stained beech crap that Marlin sells - the only complaint I have is the use of plastic on the barrel band and front sight - but lets see Winchester or Marlin sell a lever gun for under $200....
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 07-24-2009 at 02:24 PM.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:25 PM   #29

Liked 86 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Yeah, I guess knowing that Oliver Winchester is still running a lathe in New Haven is comforting...how is John Marlin by the way? Haven't seen him in a while....
I don't think you understand. The present Henry Arms Co. has no relationship with the original Henry. It's an entirely different co. They got the copyright to the name is all. They don't even make anything that resembles the early Henry's. They just play on the name. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the product or the company. There's just so many people that think they're the same and saying stuff like Henry being an Icon and being around before Winchester in relation to the new rifles. It's just not so. Winchester took over Henry in 1866 and the original Henry was transformed into the 1866 Winchester. Henry even went to work for Winchester.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:35 PM   #30

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
I don't think you understand. The present Henry Arms Co. has no relationship with the original Henry. It's an entirely different co. They got the copyright to the name is all. They don't even make anything that resembles the early Henry's. They just play on the name. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the product or the company. There's just so many people that think they're the same and saying stuff like Henry being an Icon and being around before Winchester in relation to the new rifles. It's just not so. Winchester took over Henry in 1866 and the original Henry was transformed into the 1866 Winchester. Henry even went to work for Winchester.
Welcome to the 21st Century is all I'm saying...have you ever heard of a company called Cerberus(?) They own almost every firearms company in the country! The new Henry Co. manufactures rifles that were originally patented by Henry Repeating Arms. What's wrong with that? Do they make modern guns too? Yes - obviously there were no .22 cal rifles in the mid 1800's, but there is no longer any .44 rimfire ammo being manufactured today either...the design is very much the same. The Winchester 94 was an icon, but it's not the gun that won the west!
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 07-24-2009 at 02:38 PM.