henry 22 lever - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > henry 22 lever

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 12:51 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 633
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Had my Share of Bad Winchester, marlin and Ruger

Hello all

While My Only experoience with henry the Little AR-7 copy was not good, I've had Moire than my Share of Crappy Ruger, Marlin and Winchester Brands of levers and Auto's the "Brand Snob" deal is really Just Ignorance in action, sorry fellows, like what ya like, but hating a cheaper brand, doen't make it shoot any worse than the Brand name that many times sucks? I've Been an FFL Dealer for over 10 years and a shooter near all my 50 or so years, rave on, In the end, I know what I know!


RON

__________________
RONSERESURPLUS is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:52 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wild Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wahpeton,North Dakota
Posts: 5
Default Golden boy 22 mag

Yesterday I purchased a Golden Boy 22 Mag brand new took to the range
first shots at 25 yrds were 6-8 in left of the center when i finley got it close the rear sight almost fell out of the dovetail on the barrel
are they made to look pretty and that is all?? do i send it back to Henry??
some thing i doing wrong or just a bad one??
shooting cci 40 grain fmj
thanks
Will

__________________
Wild Will is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:58 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RL357Mag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Albany,New York
Posts: 3,251
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Will View Post
Yesterday I purchased a Golden Boy 22 Mag brand new took to the range
first shots at 25 yrds were 6-8 in left of the center when i finley got it close the rear sight almost fell out of the dovetail on the barrel
are they made to look pretty and that is all?? do i send it back to Henry??
some thing i doing wrong or just a bad one??
shooting cci 40 grain fmj
thanks
Will
First of all, welcome and you might try going to the "Introductions" section and introducing yourself.
I doubt you have a "bad" one, as CNC machining and QC today generally discounts that theory. It's hard to tell what's wrong by your description. Every gun likes a specific brand of ammo. My Marlin .22 mag won't group worth a damn with Winchester ammo, it only likes CCI. My Henry .22 only groups well with Federal 550 Value Pack ammo, everything else opens up to over 1" at 50 yds. Is your front sight drift adjustable for windage? If so, you may need to split the difference between the rear sight and front sight (you will move them in opposite directions - the rear towards the direction you want to move, the front in the opposite direction). It's also possible that the barrel is bent, although this is a very rare occurence, it happened with a Winchester 9422 that I bought years ago.
__________________
Guns Have Only Two Enemies-Rust and Politicians
"The United States Constitution (c) 1791 - All Rights Reserved"
If Guns Kill, Do Pencils Mis-spell Words?
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
RL357Mag is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:35 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wild Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wahpeton,North Dakota
Posts: 5
Default

Thank you for the info
i have gotten it better with moving the front opposite
I guess i expected it to be closer to right on from the git go
will

__________________
Wild Will is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:11 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Minionsram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 604
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunting freak View Post
Im sorry yall but henry is a joke a real 22 iever is a marlin or winchester.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gun nuts View Post
whats up hunting freak i agree you need a marlin or a winchester or a ruger
Well Henry Rifles are made in the USA and will not be made overseas like some of the marlin or winchester's are. Henry rifles have been an American icon for years and are just as accurate if not more than others. I have nothing agianst Marlin or Win's but to say that an American ledgend is a JOKE makes me think you are either a Commie or just plain stupid
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
I think I am officially the most "sig'd" man on FTF:D
Minionsram is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:29 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SGT-MILLER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,354
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Originally Posted by hunting freak

Quote:
Im sorry yall but henry is a joke a real 22 iever is a marlin or winchester.
Please enlighten us on the reasoning for your opinion. I'm just curious, that's all.
__________________
"TRAIN WITH WHAT YOU HAVE, NOT WITH WHAT YOU WISH YOU HAVE."
SGT-MILLER is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:41 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunting freak View Post
Im sorry yall but henry is a joke a real 22 iever is a marlin or winchester.

You have GOT to be kidding me. Did you just wander into a new forum and shi'ite all over an American Icon??

Holy Christ - Somebody get a body bag....

JD
__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:43 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minionsram View Post
Well Henry Rifles are made in the USA and will not be made overseas like some of the marlin or winchester's are. Henry rifles have been an American icon for years and are just as accurate if not more than others. I have nothing agianst Marlin or Win's but to say that an American ledgend is a JOKE makes me think you are either a Commie or just plain stupid
While I wouldn't go as far as you did, I prefer to think our new member is uneducated and be willing to give you a plus one.

JD
__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:51 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wild Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wahpeton,North Dakota
Posts: 5
Default

just an update on the GB 22mag
I got a response from Henry service rep and they are sending a UPS shipping to return to the factory for accuracy testing
also the store i purchased it from gave me a plain unmarked box to ship it in
i am getting less upset by the day
Will

__________________
Wild Will is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:10 AM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Minionsram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 604
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Will View Post
just an update on the GB 22mag
I got a response from Henry service rep and they are sending a UPS shipping to return to the factory for accuracy testing
also the store i purchased it from gave me a plain unmarked box to ship it in
i am getting less upset by the day
Will
Henry Rifles normally has good rep service. I hope they do you as good as they have done others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
While I wouldn't go as far as you did, I prefer to think our new member is uneducated and be willing to give you a plus one.

JD
Sorry if I stepped on your toes on this one JD but that statement just burnt my biscuit. Not liking a firearm is one thing (lord knows we all have our preferences) but calling an American icon and an American made rifle a JOKE just pissed me off.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
I think I am officially the most "sig'd" man on FTF:D
Minionsram is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with a Henry Lever action .22 NYDAVE .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 6 05-21-2009 08:07 PM
Henry repeater MichaelG .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 2 10-19-2008 05:51 PM
Henry AR-7 US Survival .22 henryar722 .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 2 07-29-2008 08:31 AM
Henry lever mrwatch .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 5 03-16-2008 11:47 PM