henry 22 lever
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > henry 22 lever

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default henry 22 lever

A fewweeks ago I picked up a Henery 22 lever action for under 100 bucks. I figured I would turn it if it had problems. I took it to the range and was surprized at how well it shot on paper at 50 yards. ( open sights ) It has a great trigger and verry easy to handle off hand. I set a soda can at 30 yards and danced it to shreds. I think i found a new bunny buster for next season.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #2

Very nice. I have been looking for one of those also, in the $100-150 range.
Anyone.......?

Old 04-20-2009, 06:35 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

They sell for new about $220 at WalMart. Otherwise just check the auction sites or classifieds to find one. They are great rifles, nice and smooth action.

9x18=Makarov

Old 05-09-2009, 04:54 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I love my Little Henry! If it's raining, I can shoot the primer-only Colibri rounds in-house with a good bullet-stop (I am single - no wife to object), and it is light & handy. Since I got the Henry, I tend to neglect my Marlin 39A. The Henry is just as good a shooter and more fun! It is pure death on soda cans up to 50 yards.
I haven't found a type of ammo it will choke on. Very reliable, and Henry has superb customer service!
I'm hoping to one day luck into a good deal on a Goldenboy. Local shops think they really are made of gold!

Old 05-19-2009, 01:03 PM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

They are GREAT guns and accurate as hell. I bought mine at WalMart several years ago for $196. I put the cheap BSA 2-7x TV scope on it (also at WalMart for $20) and at 50yds it can make one ragged hole. The only thing Henry did wrong was to put plastic barrel bands and a plastic front sight on a fine rifle - The walnut stocks are made from some of the nicest black walnut available on ANY gun.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 05-19-2009, 09:46 PM   #6

Default e-mail me

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggone06 View Post
Very nice. I have been looking for one of those also, in the $100-150 range.
Anyone.......?
Hey bud e-mail me I may have what you need?
mikem@tls.net

Old 05-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Went to WalMart looking for some .22 ammo and they had none - so I bought a cheap Powerline 3-9x scope/rings package for $28. I mounted it on my Henry in place of the tiny BSA 2-7x TV scope I've had on it for several years. I took it to my range today to sight the new scope in and was very happy with the scope - it is made for air-guns, but it is a full sized 3-9 x 32mm scope with a decent reticle. I used a sight-in target that I photocopied many years ago, and as a result of trying to fit it on standard 11 x 14 paper, I had to reduce it so the grid is 3/4" squares instead of the standard 1" squares. I used the center bull for the initial sight-in, and the windage was dead on but about 8" low. When I walked them in I began shooting for groups starting with the upper left target going clock-wise and ending with the stand-alone target on the bottom right of the sheet. It was very gusty and warm today, so I'm sure the scope/gun would do better on a calm day. Also, with a lever gun it is difficult to shoot for groups since you have to re-establish a cheek-weld as well as the aim point after each shot due to having to move the whole gun in order to lever a new round into the chamber. IMO the Henry is one of the most accurate out-of-the-box stock guns available, and is a great bargain for $200. The Powerline scope is a fantastic deal for a cheap .22 scope. I don't know who makes it for Daisy, but it is strikingly similar to Bushnell or Simmons.

henry5.jpg   henry.jpg.jpg  
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 05-21-2009 at 07:30 PM.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:58 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My lil Henry 22 is my favorite all around gun.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:51 PM   #9

Im sorry yall but henry is a joke a real 22 iever is a marlin or winchester.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:52 PM   #10

whats up hunting freak i agree you need a marlin or a winchester or a ruger