Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   henry 22 lever (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/henry-22-lever-13051/)

ripcord 04-19-2009 10:29 PM

henry 22 lever

A fewweeks ago I picked up a Henery 22 lever action for under 100 bucks. I figured I would turn it if it had problems. I took it to the range and was surprized at how well it shot on paper at 50 yards. ( open sights ) It has a great trigger and verry easy to handle off hand. I set a soda can at 30 yards and danced it to shreds. I think i found a new bunny buster for next season.

doggone06 04-19-2009 10:42 PM

Very nice. I have been looking for one of those also, in the $100-150 range.
Anyone.......?

ScottG 04-20-2009 06:35 PM

They sell for new about $220 at WalMart. Otherwise just check the auction sites or classifieds to find one. They are great rifles, nice and smooth action.

Bigdog57 05-09-2009 04:54 PM

I love my Little Henry! If it's raining, I can shoot the primer-only Colibri rounds in-house with a good bullet-stop (I am single - no wife to object), and it is light & handy. Since I got the Henry, I tend to neglect my Marlin 39A. The Henry is just as good a shooter and more fun! It is pure death on soda cans up to 50 yards.
I haven't found a type of ammo it will choke on. Very reliable, and Henry has superb customer service!
I'm hoping to one day luck into a good deal on a Goldenboy. Local shops think they really are made of gold!

RL357Mag 05-19-2009 01:03 PM

They are GREAT guns and accurate as hell. I bought mine at WalMart several years ago for $196. I put the cheap BSA 2-7x TV scope on it (also at WalMart for $20) and at 50yds it can make one ragged hole. The only thing Henry did wrong was to put plastic barrel bands and a plastic front sight on a fine rifle - The walnut stocks are made from some of the nicest black walnut available on ANY gun.

rugermike 05-19-2009 09:46 PM

e-mail me

Quote:

Originally Posted by doggone06 (Post 96594)
Very nice. I have been looking for one of those also, in the $100-150 range.
Anyone.......?

Hey bud e-mail me I may have what you need?
mikem@tls.net:p

RL357Mag 05-21-2009 07:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Went to WalMart looking for some .22 ammo and they had none - so I bought a cheap Powerline 3-9x scope/rings package for $28. I mounted it on my Henry in place of the tiny BSA 2-7x TV scope I've had on it for several years. I took it to my range today to sight the new scope in and was very happy with the scope - it is made for air-guns, but it is a full sized 3-9 x 32mm scope with a decent reticle. I used a sight-in target that I photocopied many years ago, and as a result of trying to fit it on standard 11 x 14 paper, I had to reduce it so the grid is 3/4" squares instead of the standard 1" squares. I used the center bull for the initial sight-in, and the windage was dead on but about 8" low. When I walked them in I began shooting for groups starting with the upper left target going clock-wise and ending with the stand-alone target on the bottom right of the sheet. It was very gusty and warm today, so I'm sure the scope/gun would do better on a calm day. Also, with a lever gun it is difficult to shoot for groups since you have to re-establish a cheek-weld as well as the aim point after each shot due to having to move the whole gun in order to lever a new round into the chamber. IMO the Henry is one of the most accurate out-of-the-box stock guns available, and is a great bargain for $200. The Powerline scope is a fantastic deal for a cheap .22 scope. I don't know who makes it for Daisy, but it is strikingly similar to Bushnell or Simmons.

1861 05-21-2009 11:58 PM

My lil Henry 22 is my favorite all around gun.

hunting freak 06-12-2009 05:51 PM

Im sorry yall but henry is a joke a real 22 iever is a marlin or winchester.

gun nuts 06-12-2009 05:52 PM

whats up hunting freak i agree you need a marlin or a winchester or a ruger