Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Help with Winchester Model 72 A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 06:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Help with Winchester Model 72 A

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and would love any information you may have on my Winchester 72 A. I don't know how condition is rated on "modern" rifles, but it is in good shooting condition and has an overall nice appearance. Definately been used, but that's what they are for right.

Anyways, I was wondering what the main difference in the 72 and the 72 A is? Also, I'm guessing since mine has the swept back bolt that it is from the fifties?? It has the grooved receiver, grooved trigger, and chromed bolt and trigger guard also, but I don't know the time periods for these features either. Was hoping someone on here could tell me a little more about this gun and help with dating it. I'm pretty sure this is not the Gallery model as it shoots S, L, and LR. But I don't know whether it is the target model or not.......among anything else to look for, hence my post. Thanks in advance for any info or comments.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here